OverviewThis tour is not to be missed by those who appreciate medieval fortresses, architecture and history! This tour will give you the opportunity to visit both Fagaras - one of the largest and best preserved medieval fortresses in Eastern Europe and Sibiu also known as Hermannstadt. Visit these architectural jewels of Transylvania and take a stroll along the charming medieval streets of Sibiu!
- Excellent value for money
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Ideal choice for families
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourDepart from Bucharest and travel towards Fagaras Town, a former political-administrative center. The main attraction here is Fagaras Fortress. Surrounded by a moat, this is the only fortress of its kind in Romania. In the early seventeenth century, the city became the princely residence of Michael the Brave. From 1948 until 1960 the castle was used as a prison. In one of its towers The Iron Lady was found; a medieval torture device. The castle now hosts Fagaras Country Museum, which dedicated to local history and the municipal library.
The tour then continues towards Sibiu city in the heart of Germanic Transylvania. Sibiu is divided into two distinct areas: the Upper Town and the Lower Town. Traditionally, the Upper Town was the wealthier part and the commercial outlet, while the Lower Town served as the manufacturing area. During the tour Brukenthal National Museum will be visited, the Large Square which is the historic center of Sibiu, the Little Square which is the second largest historic place of Sibiu, the Evangelical Church, the Liars Bridge and the Ethnographic Museum.
The tour ends in Bucharest.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Sibiu And Fagaras Fortress From Bucharest
- Bottled water
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan / car
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Bucharest only
Exclusions for Day Trip To Sibiu And Fagaras Fortress From Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 4 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Bucharest City Tour
- Private Full Day Tour Of Bucharest
- Private Tour To Peles And Dracula's Castle - Day Trip From Bucharest
- Private Van One Way Airport Transfers In Bucharest
- Bucharest Horse Riding Experience
- Private Van Departure Transfer To Bucharest BBU Airport
- Bucharest Private Airport Transfer From Or To City Center Hotel
- Bucharest 90 Minutes Epic Escape Room Da Vinci's Secret Adventure Mystery
- Extended Walking Tour Of Bucharest
- Full-Day Royal Castles And Champagne Tasting Tour From Bucharest