Day Trip To Swiss Cities With A Visit To Chaplin's World And Steamer Boat Cruise From Chamonix - Montreux
OverviewIn this full day tour, discover wonderful views of Switzerland, the Alps mountains and Geneva lake. Hear about the famous artists who fell in love with the region such as Freddie Mercury, Charlie Chaplin, Jean Jacques Rousseau, Lord Byron... Departing from Chamonix, you will have an overview of all main Swiss cities: Geneve, Lausanne, Vevey and Montreux. Visit the Chaplin's world where you will learn about this unique artist before going to Chillon castle. Discover the Mountain Studios in Montreux where Freddie Mercury recorded his last Queen album. Enjoy a local wine tasting at the UNESCO protected Lavaux vineyards and chill out on board of an authentic steamer boat.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourDiscover wonderful views of Switzerland, the Alps mountains and Geneva Lake. Your guide will meet you in the morning in a centrally located place in Chamonix. Ride your comfortable coach from Chamonix through the Arve Valley. Have a short stop in Geneva and continue through the Vaud countryside. You will make a photostop to see the highlight of Lausanne: the Olympic committee which was created by the Baron Pierrede Coubertin in 1896.
Continue to Vevey, and discover Chaplins World: a site dedicated to Charlie Chaplin, the artistand the man. Embark on an extraordinary adventure across time and through the magical world ofcinema. Prepare to be moved by one of the most surprising artists of the 20th century through thesets of his greatest films at the Hollywood-style studio.
Next, jump on an open trolley tour through the World heritage UNESCO protected site of Lavaux, also called the Wine road: a vineyard region with terraces. You will enjoy a break in the middle of the vines to taste some local products such as cheese, wine or grape juice. Just before lunch, explore Vevey city with the visit of Nestl headquarters, the covered market and finally get some free time to enjoy your lunch (not included).
In the afternoon, board an old steamer boat Belle Epoque, a cruise that will surprise you with the splendor of the landscape. You will arrive to the castle of Chillon, one of the most visited castles in Switzerland, built in the 11th century. This castle is situated on a small island in the far western end of Lake Geneva, between Montreux and Villeneuve. This romantic castle was long of strategic importance in controlling trade in the Lake Geneva region. The dungeons inspired Lord Byron.
Your last stop will be Montreux, a glamorous tourist resort. Feel the atmosphere of all the great artists who have visited this place such as Aretha Franklin, Ella Fitzgerald, BB King, Ray Charles and many more The emblem of the city is the statue of Freddie Mercury saying: if you want peace of soul, you should come to Montreux. This artist, who has lived several years in Montreux, recorded his last album with the group Queen, "Made in Heaven", in the Mountain Studios, located in the Montreux Casino. You will have the chance to visit Queens old studio record. You will also have time to wander through the streets full of fancy shops and landmarks of the famous jazz festival.
At the end of your tour, you will take the bus back to Chamonix.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Swiss Cities With A Visit To Chaplin's World And Steamer Boat Cruise From Chamonix
- Bus ride
- Professional driver/guide
- Visit of Chaplins World
- Open trolley tour in Lavaux, world heritage site
- Aperitif: local products will be offered for a tasting
- 1st class cruise on an old steamer boat
- Entrance to the castle of Chillon
- Visit of Montreux
Exclusions for Day Trip To Swiss Cities With A Visit To Chaplin's World And Steamer Boat Cruise From Chamonix
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that bringing your passport is required
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.