Day Trip To The Pre-Inca Ruins Of Chavín From HuarazWrite a Review
OverviewJoin this full-day tour to tChavn de Huntar, an archaeological site located in the Ancash Region of Peru, 250 kilometers (160 mi) north of Lima, at an elevation of 3,180 meters (10,430 ft). Chavn de Huntar has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Choice of seating available
- Led by a local guide
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourMake sure you have breakfast in your hotel early in the morning as we'll be departing at around 8am, leading to the millenarian capital of archaeology of Chavin de Huantar.
We'll start our tour driving to the south side of Huaraz by the paved highway after 25km we will pass by Recuay Province at 3300masl, continue by unpaved trail, then stop in the lake of Querococha at 3980masl. We will make a stop for photo of the beautiful landscape, then continue up to highest pass of Tunel de Cahuish at 4500masl, important point for hydro graphical division where the west side water flows to Pacific ocean and east side water flows to Atlantic Ocean.
The Archaeological site of Chavin or the ruins are located next to the modern district of Chavin. At around 1pm we'll go to the restaurant for lunch until 2pm. After lunch we will enter to the castle of Chavin on a guided tour which take place for about 2-hour. Inside the ruins you will visit many labyrinth rooms and in one of the main buildings are the Lanzon the Chavin a big stone carved remain of the Pre-Inkas. Many places and things to visit and observe, such as Plazas, cavezas clavas main porch and among others, finalizing in the modern museum where is storage the rest of the Chavin Culture.
We'll be finishing the guided tour at around 4pm and we'll go on a non-stop drive back to Huaraz for about 3-hour arriving around 7pm.
Inclusions for Day Trip To The Pre-Inca Ruins Of Chavín From Huaraz
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Day Trip To The Pre-Inca Ruins Of Chavín From Huaraz
- Entrance fees
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Not recommended for pregnant women
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.