Day Trip To Tulum And Punta Laguna With Monkey Adventure - CancunWrite a Review
OverviewAÂ great trip for adventure seekersÂ takes you to Tulum ruins early in the morning to avoid crowds and to Punta Laguna Reserve Â run by a small and remote Mayan community. After purification ceremony with a local shaman Â you will be searching the jungle for spider monkeys and canoeing +Â zip-lining over a lagoon. You will even rappel down a mysticalÂ cenote with Mayan skulls at its bottom.
Know More about this tourTulum (archeological site)
Mayan city Tulum served as a seaport, trading mainly in obsidian, turquoise, jade, salt and textiles. As well as being the only Mayan city built on a coast, Tulum was one of the few protected by a high wall. Made of limestone, the 784-metre wall encloses the site on three sides, is seven meters thick, and varies between three and five meters in height. The walls surrounding the site allowed the Tulum fort to be defended against invasions. You can also spend time on its beautiful beach right below the Castle and enjoy the unique view of the ruins from the water.Punta Laguna
Punta Laguna, is a nature reserve managed and protected by a Mayan community that offers eco-touristic activities in a very diverse and beautiful setting of unspoiled jungle and a clear lagoon. You will enjoy the marvelous natural environment of this area as you hike the jungle looking for monkeys, zip-line over the lagoon, canoe down crystal clear waters and swim in a mystical cenote. Before entering the jungle you will take part in Mayan purification ceremony with local shaman. You’ll also see and learn about the extraordinary bio-diversity of flora and fauna (potential habitat for over 300 species of birds and many other species with a special protection status such as the Jaguar, Puma, Ocelot, Collared Peccary, White-tailed Deer, Agouti and many more). In the cenote “The Calaveras” are deposited at least 120 skeletons from the Late Pre-Classic and Early Classic (200-400 AD).
- Pick up from your hotel at around 7.30 a.m. (pick up time will be confirmed by e-mail before the tour)
- Tulum ruins (1 hour guided tour)
- Punta Laguna (2 hour guided tour)
- Lunch in a Mexican restaurant
- Return to the hotel at around 4 p.m.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Tulum And Punta Laguna With Monkey Adventure
- Entrance fees
- All activities
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Day Trip To Tulum And Punta Laguna With Monkey Adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Cancun
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 3 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.