Day Trip To Ulu Temburong National Park From Bandar Seri Begawan
OverviewThis is an introduction to Bruneis unique wilderness rain forest region. The Ulu Temburong National Park is protected and preserved for scientific research and low impact visitors. This day excursion is a short immersion in to this amazing environment for those with limited time. An amazing snapshot to a environment that is well protected for all to see.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Lunch included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourBegin your Journey with an exhilarating ride on a public speed boats, weaving through the mangroves and passing the Brunei Bay area and even catch a glimpse of some wild life along the way such as monitor Lizards, crocodiles and Monkeys.
Upon Arriving the rainforest lodge settle in for a quick morning tea serving local cakes and savories from the Temburong district, and after be fitted with life jackets and listen to a quick safety briefing by your guide before boarding a Longboat, also locally known as a Temuai and make your journey to the national Park.
On the journey up river you are surrounded by untouched riverine rainforest and power through small rapids on the river before reaching the National Park Registration area, once registered, we will make our way through some muddy terrain before reaching the steps that lead to the canopy tower.
After a good climb to the canopy, climb another 42m of vertical ladders of the canopy tower to gain an undisturbed 360 degree view of the oldest rainforest in the world.
Make your back down and board the long boat to cool off at a nearby waterfall (subject to water level) before hopping back on the longboat and make your way back to the Rainforest lodge in time to freshen up and enjoy a locally cooked lunch.
Once you have had your fill enjoy the surrounding of the rainforest lodge before heading back to town to catch your boat to Bandar but not without a stop to a local Iban longhouse on the way and see how the largest indigenous community in Temburong have lived for centuries with a modern twist.
Hop on back the local speed boat and back to the capital where you can either catch some shut eye or enjoy the view on your way back to the capital.
A tour not to be missed to catch the Best of what Temburong has to offer.
7:30am: Take a water taxi from Bandar Seri Begawan through rivers, channels and mangrove islands in the early morning sun.
8:15am: Arrive at Bangar Temburong, the regional capital.
8:30am: Take an MVP or minibus from Bangar to Batang Duri.
9am: Arrive at the Rainforest Lodge in time for morning tea, an introduction and safety briefing.
9:30am: Take traditional longboats to Ulu Temburong National Park, travelling upstream through the rapids of the Temburong River.
10:30am: Arrive at the National Park Center, register, then stroll along the elevated pathways of the lush Canopy Walkway and its amazing panoramic rainforest views.
12:30pm: Enjoy a riverside lunch of traditional Malay dishes with a side order of swimming and relaxation.
2pm: If the mood takes you, why not try rafting downstream?
2:45pm: Return to the Rainforest Lodge by longboat or raft, for afternoon tea and to freshen up.
3:15pm: Transfer to Bangar, then take a water taxi back through the mangrove islands to Bandar Seri Begawan.
5pm: Arrive back at Bandar Seri Begawan, and civilisation.
Inclusions for Day Trip To Ulu Temburong National Park From Bandar Seri Begawan
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan and round trip ferry
- Professional guide
- Lunch, bottled water and morning tea
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Day Trip To Ulu Temburong National Park From Bandar Seri Begawan
- Personal expenses and gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Not recommended for child aged 3 and under
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Subject to favorable weather conditions.
Timings are subject to change due to use of public speedboats.
Additional charge for pickup from Jerudong or Muara. Please reconfirm for exact pricing
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Border Time Out
- Brunei Water Village Heritage & Exclusive Local Morning Market Tour
- Full Day City Excursion & Exclusive Water Village Tour
- Full Day Seria Oiltown Expedition
- Crossed Border Excursion Ex Brunei : Labuan Island Day Trip
- Crossed Border Excursion Ex Brunei : Miri City Self or Guided Excursion
- Full Day Temburong National Park Nature Escapade