OverviewSpend 10.5-hours exploring the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, Vatican Gardens and a train ride from Rome to the Pope's Summer Residence in Castel Gandolfo.Walk around the beautiful Vatican Square Gardens, accompanied by an audio guide and tour leader.
- Skip the line
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at Via Germanico 8 at 7:30am for a full-day Rome tour.
The first stop on this walking tour is the Vatican Museums, one of the main destinations and top things to do in Rome. Armed with priority access you get to skip-the-line, allowing you more time to discover great works of art by Michelangelo and other famous artists. Your sightseeing tour of the Vatican continues to one of the most revered places to see in Rome, the Sistine Chapel. An absolute must-see in Rome, you can walk at your own pace with the aid of an audio guide, as you explore amazing works of art including Michelangelo's The Last Judgement, the largest fresco ever painted by one man.
Enjoy an hour to walk around the Vatican Square Gardens, accompanied by your tour leader and using an audio guide, before making your way to Castel Gandolfo by train from the Vatican Station (within the walls of Vatican City).
Arrival at Castel Gandolfo, one of the most exclusive day trips from Rome and one of Italy's most scenic towns (located only 15 miles southeast of Rome). Take a short ride by mini bus from the train station and you arrive at this secluded, charming town where you will eat lunch (at own expense) and stroll around, absorbing the breathtaking views before your sightseeing tour begins.
Recently opened to the public by Pope Francis, the Apostolic Palace is only open for a select number of tours. The Papal Palace was designed by Carlo Maderno, the same architect that designed the St. Peter's Basilica's facade. Previously off-limits, you can now discover the rare history and treasures contained in this extravagant yet intimate interior, including the works of Bernini. Explore the Pope's private and luxurious Barberini Gardens by mini ecological train with audio guide (provided at the gardens by the gate of Villa Cybo)
Enjoy a yogurt snack from the Pope's private farm before heading back to the Castel Gandolfo train station for the return trip to Rome. Arrive back to St. Peter's Train Station at approximately 6:15pm.
Inclusions for Day Trip: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And Pope's Summer Residence
- Skip-the-line with priority access (doesn't include the ticket)
- Audio guided tour accompanied by a tour leader
- Transportation by Train
- 1 hour Ecological bus ride inside Villa Barberini to see the Gardens
Exclusions for Day Trip: Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And Pope's Summer Residence
- Vatican Museums entrance tickets are not included (approx. 23 euros per adult and 16 euros per child, payable in cash directly)
- Pick up and drop off from hotel
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Comfortable shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.