Go for the combo: Spend the day seeing all the famous sights in our capital city, then take an after-dinner tour of Washington DCs floodlit monuments. It's a memorable way to cover Washington's famous sights and icons in one day!
Know More about this tour
Begin your combo tour of Washington DC by boarding your comfortable, air-conditioned coach at Union Station. As you travel the city on this 7 hour portion of this combo tour, listen to your knowledgeable driver share information and anecdotes about the US capital and its many famous sights.
Disembark your coach to visit certain landmarks independently. Join a guided tour (reserved for you in advance) of the US Capitol, where the Congress meets, and make the most of your photo stop at the White House South Lawn. At the White House Visitor Center, get a sense of what the White House looks like inside and learn about US presidents. Have lunch (at your own expense) at your choice of several locations; your guide will let you know when to return to the coach.
Pay your respects to the heroes of World War II at the stately World War II Memorial with its lovely fountains. Spend time exploring the vast collections at the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum and the Smithsonian National Museum of American History.
In the course of your tour, you'll also see the Washington Monument, FBI headquarters (J Edgar Hoover Building), Federal Triangle, Ellipse, Tidal Basin, National Archives, House and Senate Office Building, US Botanical Gardens, National Gallery of Art, US Navy Memorial and Grant Memorial — so keep your camera handy!
Enjoy dinner at the restaurant of your choice at Union Station (not included in fare) before taking your 3 hour evening tour of the national monuments flooded in lights. What a sight!
Step off the coach to visit the Jefferson, Lincoln, Vietnam, Korean and FDR memorials, and experience breathtaking views from the roof of the Kennedy Center (if available).
Inclusions for DC In A Day And DC After Dark Combo
- English speaking driver/guide
- Entrance fees for all stops listed as "step off and visit"
- Complimentary pickup and drop-off at hotels listed
Exclusions for DC In A Day And DC After Dark Combo
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
If the wheelchair is collapsible (i.e. can fold up) and the passenger is able to walk onto the bus, the passenger can take any coach tour without making any special arrangements.
If the passenger is confined to the wheelchair, or it is not collapsible, the passenger or their agent will need to contact the tour operator, two weeks prior to the departure of their tour to request a coach with a wheelchair lift.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.