Dead Interesting Tour At Glasnevin Cemetery Museum - Dublin
OverviewSince 1832, more than 1.5 million people have been interred in Glasnevin Cemetery in Dublin. Located just 2.5 km (1.6 miles) from Dublins city centre, Glasnevin Cemetery covers 124 acres of glorious parkland with plenty to appreciate. The new 1.5-hour 'Dead Interesting Glasnevin' tour gives a valuable insight into this unique Victorian burial place and into the final resting place of the men and women who have helped shape Ireland's past and present.
Know More about this tour
In Glasnevin, a hauntingly gorgeous Victorian Garden cemetery, each guide is passionate about sharing their love of heritage and history, telling the stories of Irelands complex and fascinating history through daily walking tours turning a learning experience into a period of magic with a careful balance of passion, sensitivity and even fun.
During the new 'Dead Interesting' Tour at Glasnevin, visitors will learn of its sculpture, symbolism, architecture, art, sporting heroes, horticulture, natural life and much more. They will visit the graves and hear the stories of little known figures such as Maria Higgins, a woman who died once yet was buried twice in Glasnevin; an Irish chaplain who witnessed the liberation of Bergen Belsen concentration camp; the last Irish winner of Wimbledon; the man who cut the ribbon and opened Sydney Harbour Bridge when he wasnt meant to; the vault that held secrets during the Irish War of Independence; and many more.
This tour is for those both well acquainted with the cemetery and those who have never visited before, the secret history of Irelands most well-known cemetery.
Inclusions for Dead Interesting Tour At Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Exclusions for Dead Interesting Tour At Glasnevin Cemetery Museum
Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The National Wax Museum - Admission Ticket
- Blarney Day Tour From Dublin
- Glendalough Private Half-Day Tour from Dublin with Powerscourt Waterfall
- Dublin Gravedigger Ghost Tour
- Boyne Valley Hill of Tara and Kells Private Tour from Dublin
- Skip the Line: Guinness Storehouse Entrance Ticket
- Airport Shuttle Transfer from Dublin Airport
- Cork and Blarney Castle Rail Trip from Dublin