Death by Natural Causes, features a wide variety of live animals, real poisonous vegetation and a collection of minerals that the world has never seen (and lived to tell the tale).This special exhibition provides visitors with an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to discover what drove Van Gogh mad, why tomatoes were deemed inedible 500 years ago and many things that are far more likely to kill you than sharks. Encounter live deadly animals up close and personal, such as the Mojave rattlesnake, the snake with the most potent rattlesnake venom. Come face to face with the giant Japanese hornet and its ability to kill more than one honey bee every two seconds. Learn about the Radium Girls: women who were employed to paint glow-in-the-dark ink on wristwatches, only to die from radiation poisoning due to the radium in the ink. Resist the temptation to eat the Amanita mushroom, the very plant responsible for approximately 95% of all mushroom-related fatalities. It turns blood acidic. It causes jaundice. It causes widespread cellular death. It isnt very pleasant, and requires quick, clever and intense medical care to treat effectively. Come see Death by Natural Causes, and explore so many more of the deadliest aspects of this world we shareyoull be truly surprised at the danger that lies waiting behind every corner. This exhibition offers a free audio guide which can be operated via one's cellular phone. The exhibit is open everyday Monday - Sunday 9:00A.M. - 5:00 P.M. and is located on the 3rd floor adjacent to the Hall of Ancient Egypt.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 4 Hrs
Departure Time :
9am-5pm Monday through Sunday Valid from the time you exchange your voucher, for the duration selected.
Departure Details :
Houston Museum of Natural Science , 5555 Hermann Park Drive Houston,TX 77030
OverviewSnakes. Spiders. Sharks. The things you fear are the least of your worries! The Death by Natural Causes traveling exhibit will introduce patrons to the range of animal, vegetable and mineral dangers that lurk in their everyday lives. Through a collection of specimens, text and interactives, visitors can see what can cause a death, either directly or indirectly, from the natural world. Customers should budget at least one hour to tour this 7,000 square foot exhibition. The Death by Natural Causes exhibit ticket also includes access into all four floors of the permanent museum exhibit halls such as the Hall of Ancient Egypt, Hall of Gems and Mineral, the all new Wiess Energy Hall, the 30,000 square foot Morian Hall of Paleontology, (the largest dinosaur hall in North America) and many more!
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- The listed price does not include a $X parking fee, payable at the time of tour check-in.
- Transportation to/from attractions
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Your tickets will be held at the theater box office for collection on the day of the performance
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.