Death Valley Photography Workshop - Las Vegas
OverviewThis is a great time to visit and photograph Death Valley National Park, CA. While the name implies a stark desert landscape, it is anything but. In the Spring, there a blooming desert flowers and cool nights. The daytime temperatures are warm and comfortable. This workshop includes transportation to and from Las Vegas and accomodations in Death Valley.
Know More about this tour
The Loupe Brothers (Doug Whitney & Doc Miles - Professional Photographers) have explored Death Valley over a dozen times and have prepared an itinerary to get the best photographs at the best time of day. Death Valley is also a designated Dark Spot, so astro- photography opportunities abound.
The details of this workshop are as follows: Overview:
The workshop fee is US$3,000 includes accommodations and transportation to and from Las Vegas, Nevada.
We plan to cover as many locations as possible operating out of a central location located in Stovepipe Wells near the Mesquite Dunes. On this workshop, accommodations are included in the workshop fee. Meals are not included, but on long day trips, we will provide sandwiches and assorted snacks from the general store across the street.
There are no strenuous hikes or risky locations, but some are a short 1-2 mile round-trip hike or less, from the vehicle.
Saturday March 31, 2018
Pick up at Las Vegas hotel or airport.
Lunch in Beatty NV
To Death Valley (30 min)
Check into hotel.
Shoot sunset and full moon at Mesquite Dunes Dinner at Stovepipe Wells
Sunday April 1, 2018 Sunrise at Zabriskie Point Breakfast at Furnace Creek
Photo shoot at:
Natural Bridge Devils Golf Course Artists Palette Devils Cornfield
Night Sky shooting tips and techniques
Night Shoot at Rhyolite Mine Milky Way Monday April2, 2017
Sunrise at Mesquite Dunes Photo shoot
Lunch at Stovepipe Wells
Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop tips and tricks
Night Sky and Milky Way shoot at Devils Golf Course Tuesday April 3, 2018
Sunrise Shoot (Location TBD) Grotto Canyon
Lunch at Panamint Springs
Shooting jets training through Star Wars (Rainbow) Canyon From Father Crowleys Overlook
Night Sky Shooting (Location TBD) Wednesday April 4, 2018
Sunrise and Morning Emigrant Canyon Charcoal Kilns Ballarat Ghost Town
Lunch at Panamint Springs
Lightroom Mobile Workshop
Night Sky Shooting (Location TBD)
Thursday April 4, 2018
Sunrise Mesquite Dunes
Daylight Pass Shoot
Afternoon Lunch Break
Post Processing Milky Way Workshop
Sunset and night shoot at Lee Flat Joshua Tree Forest
Friday April 5, 2017
Morning Shoot at Ashford Mills
Return to Las Vegas via Shoshone, Death Valley
Note: Locations and times are subject to light and weather. We will get all the above mentioned, but may have to adjust times, etc.
Inclusions for Death Valley Photography Workshop
- Pick up and drop off in LAs Vegas Nevada
- 5 nights accommodation
- Small-group tour
- Professional photographer guide
Exclusions for Death Valley Photography Workshop
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tripod Supplied if needed
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Elvis Wedding at Graceland Wedding Chapel
- Self-Drive 1-Day Grand Canyon Whitewater Rafting Tour
- Top Gun and Air Combat Experience
- Hidden Valley and Primm Extreme ATV Tour
- Haunted Vegas Tour and Ghost Hunt
- Mike Hammer Comedy Magic Show
- Valley of Fire and Lost City Museum Tour from Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Strip Run