OverviewBring home fresh fish and crab on this deep-sea fishing trip from Mooloolaba. Travel aboard a large covered vessel with an experienced local crew that supplies all high-quality fishing gear and light refreshments. Have your choice of a 5-hour or 9-hour trip, options suited for fishing enthusiasts and beginners alike. Get expert tips from the crew and enjoy the camaraderie of a day on the ocean. If you catch something, your crew prepares it so that you can take it with you at the end of the trip.
Know More about this tourIn the early morning, make your way to the Wharf Marina to be welcomed aboard your boat by the friendly crew. Sip a hot cup of tea or coffee while you listen to a safety briefing, introductions and the plan for the day.
Your boat is a 55-foot (17-meter) vessel with a large shaded deck, enclosed cabin, ample seating and bathroom facilities. With approximately 22 people plus crew aboard, you have plenty of room to easily move around the boat.
As your boat heads out to sea, your crew drops crab nets to be retrieved upon your return, hopefully with spanner crabs in them. At times, sand crabs, blue swimmer or three-spotted swimmer crabs may be part of the catch as well.
Chat with fellow travelers and your expert crew as you compare fishing techniques and try your hand at catching snapper, cobia, mackerel, mahi-mahi (dolphinfish), tuskfish and parrotfish.
Your charter boat provides quality rods, reels and bait. Your crew can provide tips on various fishing methods such as bottom bashing, live baiting, float lines, trolling, spinning and jigging.
You have the choice to release, keep or share your catch. The crew will gut and gill your fish, store them on ice and give them to you in bags to take home at the end of your trip.
Munch on snacks, soft drinks and bottled water supplied on the trip, and feel free to bring your own alcohol. To save space and prevent breakage, please only bring cans and store them in soft bags; they can chill in the boat’s coolers.
Choose from either a 5-hour trip or a 9-hour trip. The shorter option is great for beginners and first-timers. For experienced anglers and people with a passion for fishing, the 9-hour trip gives your boat enough time to travel out 25 nautical miles where large reefs and bigger deep-sea fish can be found, away from the crowds of smaller recreational fishing boats.
Inclusions for Deep Sea Fishing Charter From Mooloolaba
- All necessary equipment including fishing tackle and bait
- Tea, coffee, water and soft drinks
- Knowledgeable and friendly crew will assist with fishing
- Lunch (if full day option selected)
Exclusions for Deep Sea Fishing Charter From Mooloolaba
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring sunglasses, sunscreen and hat
Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.