Discover all of Delhi's highlights in a full-day private tour. Your dedicated English-speaking tour guide/driver will take you to the main attractions in Old and New Delhi. This includes: the Akshardham temple, Humayun's Tomb, the Lotus temple, Chandni Chowk, the Jama Masjid Mosque, the India Gate, the Red Fort (closed on Mondays), the Parliament House and the Mahatma Gandhi Sanctuary. The tour includes a rickshaw ride through Chandni Chowk.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour8am: Pickup at your hotel and begin your tour of India's capital city, with your English-speaking tour driver.
In the morning you will visit:
Jama Masjid Mosque
Built between 1644 and 1658 it is India's largest mosque: it has two 40 meters high minarets and can hold as much as 25.000 people.
Built by Shahjahan, the builder of the Taj Mahal in Agra, the construction lasted from 1639 to 1648. (Closed on Mondays)
Go for a ride on a rickshaw through the clogged colorful arteries.
Mahatma Gandhi Sanctuary
Have a walk through the Sanctuary, also called Raj Ghat. A black marble platform marks the spot of Mahatma Gandhi's cremation.
12pm: Lunch break. Your driver will suggest you some fine lunch places offering delicious Indian food. Tell him your budget and he will be glad to take you to resaturants where you can taste the delicious indian Murghal cuisine, such as Tandoori chicken, Daal, Paneer, Tika Masala, Naan and much more...
In the afternoon (once you finished lunch) visit:
Delhi's finest example of Mughal architecture. Built by Humayun's widow, Queen Haji Begum in the 16th century, it is supposed to be the prototype of the Taj Mahal in Agra.
The Hindu mandir is one of Delhi most famous sites. The very recognisable building displays millennia of traditional Hindu and Indian culture, spirituality, and architecture.
Lotus Temple (Bahai Temple)
Situated on top of the Kalkaji Hill, it known as Lotus temple due to its distinctive lotus shaped design in white marble. It was built in 1987. The temple signifies the purity and equality of all religions.
Designed by the British architects Edwin Lutyens and Herbert Baker in 1912, the Indian House of Parliament (as it was originally called) opened in 1927.
Take some time to enjoy the wide open area and large avenues of India Gate, and mingle with locals.
6pm: your driver will take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Delhi Sightseeing Day Tour
- Tour Driver
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Delhi
- Rickshaw ride in Chandni Chowk
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Delhi Sightseeing Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Delhi. This can be arranged at an additional cost.
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (except bottled water)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended since there is some walking involved on this tour
A maximum of 6 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.