Delphi Day Trip From Athens
OverviewVisit Delphi – one of the most important archeological sites in Greek history – on this full-day trip from Athens! Traveling with an expert guide, you’ll explore the UNESCO World Heritage-listed town, home to the Temple of Apollo, and stroll around Delphi Archeological Museum. Learn all about Greek mythology and history while seeing fascinating monuments, and visit the pretty town of Arachova on the journey back to Athens.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourAncient Greece is the civilization that existed roughly between the 8th century BC and 600 AD, and Delphi was said to represent the center of it. Reputedly built on the spot where Zeus eagles collided when they were released from opposite ends of the earth, the ancient town is littered with intriguing monuments from this fascinating period of history.
After meeting your guide in Athens, hear tales about the ancient Greeks and their lives in Delphi while traveling to the town by air-conditioned coach. Pass through the towns of Levadia and Arachova both famous for their production of brightly colored carpets and arrive in Delphi around midday.
First stop is a tour of the Delphi archeological site a UNESCO World Heritage Site and easily one of the most important digs in Europe. As you walk around the evocative ruins with your guide, see famous monuments like the Temple of Apollo.
Head inside Delphi Archeological Museum and explore this veritable treasure trove at leisure. Home to countless artifacts and intriguing relics, the museum consists of 15 rooms arranged in chronological order from 15th century BC to 4th century AD. Be sure to check out the bronze Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos.
After eating lunch at a Delphi hotel (own expense), you will return to Athens, stopping in Arachova on the way to stretch your legs or grab a coffee (own expense).
Inclusions for Delphi Day Trip From Athens
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Free Wifi on the coach
- Free map of Athens
- Guided tour in the Archaeological site of Delphi and the Museum of Delphi.
Exclusions for Delphi Day Trip From Athens
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Visit of Temple of Pronaia and Tholos is not included .
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Port or private apartment pickup are not available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.