Deluxe Tauranga Family Shore Excursion: Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Tour And Skyline With Luge Rides Combo, Including Lunch
OverviewShore Excursion from the Port of Tauranga to the Te Whakarewrewa Geothermal Valley. Relax and enjoy a 2 course lunch followed by the Skyline complex with gondola and two luge rides.Join us on a journey of discovery, fun and laughter with this full-day combo tour from Tauranga.Experience geysers, mud pools and steam vents with Maori culture! Not to forget the infamous Haka War dance. This is performed by one of Rotorua's leading Maori cultural performance groups. Encounter a strange landscape of sights, sounds and smells. Marvel at the way the Maori have tamed this land for there own purpose.Afterwards, visit ahighly regarded restaurant for a two-course meal with tea or coffee included.Board a 8 seater gondola for a spectacular ride with views of Lake RotoruaZip down the slopes in a gravity-fueled luge ride to discover the skills needed to master the luge, on the longest track in the world.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Buffet lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Your driver/guide will meet you in the morning at the port of Tauranga and take you along the beautiful coastline of Mount Maunganui in a small group mini van/bus. See kiwifruit orchards, lush countryside, deep forestry, lakes and breath taking scenery as you drive to Rotorua.
Here you will experience the very best of Rotorua at theWhakarewarewa Valley(with geysers, steam vents and mud pools). Your small group will have an official Maori guide in order to experience this fascinating tour of the valley intimately. See geysers, mud pools, and mineral springs, and learn about Maori culture while watching a traditional Maori cultural performance. Hear and experience the rhythmic chant of the Haka (traditional war performance). You are invited to share in their everyday life. Experience the sights, smells and observe first-hand a unique cultural way of living among geothermal wonders. Learn about a culture that is steeped in history, traditions and cultures that span hundreds of years. You'll also gain insight into the features of Maori carvings and structures which have deep cultural significance, and of course observe the legendary Phutu Geyser. This is the largest geyser in the southern hemisphere which can erupt to a height of 100 feet (30-meters) and as often as 20 times per day.
Upon leaving the village you will be treated to a two-course lunch at one of Rotorua's highly regarded restaurants followed by tea or coffee (with a choice of menu). After lunch the fun, thrills and action begins
SkylineGondola:On arrival, jump on board one of the 8 seater gondolas to experience spectacular views of Lake Rotorua, the city, and steaming geothermal vistas.The half-mile cable system will transport you and your group on a gentle, scenic ride up to theSkyline Rotorua complex.
TwoLuge Rides: jump in a luge cart and race down the track with its sweeping bends and exhilarating sections, or take the scenic track through the redwood forest. You control the speed and direction, using a unique braking and steering system.There are three tracks to choose from: scenic, intermediate, or advanced. Enjoy a stunning chair-lift ride back to the top. Once is never enough so we give you 2 rides to enjoy.
There are other attraction at the complex you may wish to purchase and enjoy. Wine tasting, shopping or simply relax and enjoy the stunning views.
You will return back down by gondola, then we will make our way back to the port, where we will wish you Bon Voyage!
Inclusions for Deluxe Tauranga Family Shore Excursion: Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Tour And Skyline With Luge Rides Combo, Including Lunch
- Entrance fees
- 2-course lunch
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- All activities
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Deluxe Tauranga Family Shore Excursion: Rotorua Geothermal Geyser Tour And Skyline With Luge Rides Combo, Including Lunch
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Luge: Children under 110cm must ride in tandem on the luge ride. 10 years and over 135cm can ride the advanced track unaccompanied
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Shore Excursion: Skyline Rotorua from Tauranga
- Shore Excursion: Rotorua Sightseeing Tour from Tauranga
- Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet, Rotorua & Hellsgate-Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights Tour - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights with Te Puia - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights w Whakarewarewa Maori Village - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Rotorua Highlights w Hellsgate - Tauranga Shore Excursion
- Kaituna Forest Canyon River Jet Boat & Tauranga Tour - Tauranga Shore Excursion