Denpasar City Sightseeing Tour
OverviewAdmire what Denpasar has to offer during a sightseeing tour of Balis capital city. Your knowledgeable local guide will show you top attractions, such as Puputan Square and Pasar BadungBalis largest food market. Youll view Indonesian art collections at the Bali Museum, and learn about traditional Balinese woodcarving and architecture at the Bali Art Center. Hotel pickup and drop-off are included in your half-day tour.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Your local guide will pick you up at your hotel in Denpasar. Begin your half-day sightseeing tour at Puputan Square, an attractive open square located in the city center. This classic urban park draws many locals and is a great place to learn about Balis colonial history. Youll find a monument depicting a heroic Balinese family in the square, which commemorates the suicidal battle of the rajas of Badung against the invading Dutch militia in 1906.
Next, head to the Bali Museum, located near the former royal palace of Denpasar. Spend 30-40 minutes exploring its collection that ranges from prehistoric finds to early 20th-century art. Four main buildings inside the museum showcases Indonesias rich history and cultural heritage. View displays of theatrical masks, musical instruments, sculptures, paintings and textiles. Youll see scale models depicting ritualistic Balinese tooth filling, marriage and cremation ceremonies, which your guide will explain.
A visit to Denpasar isnt complete without experiencing the colorful pasar (Indonesian for market), where locals sell their products and haggle over prices. Pasar Badung is Balis largest food market and features fruits, spices and other edible goods sourced from the entire island. After an opportunity to browse and bargain, spend approximately 1.5 hours at one of the new supermarketsthe equivalent of a department storewhere food is available for purchase (own expense).
Your last stop is the Bali Art Center, a traditional Balinese building with a permanent exhibition of modern paintings and woodcarvings. Also known as Taman Budaya (Bali Culture Park), the vast complex also demonstrates traditional Balinese architecture. Your half-day tour ends with drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Denpasar City Sightseeing Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Denpasar City Sightseeing Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.