Devonport Volcanoes Afternoon Tour From Auckland
OverviewA guided tour of the volcanic features in Devonport, including Pupuke Lake explosion crater, the lava flows at O'Neills Bay, North Head volcano and tunnels, and Mt Victoria volcano. Allow some of natures wonders to blow you away.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourYour day will begin with a pickup from the steps at at 148 Quay St (opposite Queens Wharf) at 3pm in a 9-seater van.
Drive across the Harbour Bridge to Lake Pupuke, which is a gigantic volcanic explosion crater. You will then be taken to O'Neil's Bay, where you will enjoy a short walk to see where the lava flows from Lake Pupuke have run through an ancient forest, creating unique tree molds. There is then an option of a 15-minute walk along Takapuna Beach, where you will be picked up at the end of the walk.
Heading to North Head volcano, start a 30-minute walk to explore the tunnels which were built in the late 19th century to service the large gun emplacements. Continuing right around the volcano, you will finish up at the top, where there are spectacular views of Rangitoto and the harbour.
Then drive to Mt Victoria volcano, and enjoy the views of Auckland City from the opposite side of the harbour. There is the option to stay in Devonport for dinner and take the ferry back to Auckland City in your own time and expense, or be driven back across the Harbour Bridge to finish up before 7pm.
Inclusions for Devonport Volcanoes Afternoon Tour From Auckland
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Devonport Volcanoes Afternoon Tour From Auckland
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please bring sunscreen, walking shoes or boots, a camera, any personal medication you may require, and wet weather gear in case the weather turns bad
Note that you will be walking on steep and loose tracks, so a reasonable level of fitness is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.