Dhaka Cultural Tour Including Traditional Theatre PerformanceWrite a Review
OverviewHistory, culture, architecture, religion, politics â this Dhaka tour has it all! Get the ultimate intro to Dhaka on this adventure that takes you through the city streets, to iconic heritage sites and modern monuments, and into the national theatre.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
Your Dhaka tour will start at the local Parliament building, also known as Jatiyo Sangsad Bhaban and considered one of the world’s most significant examples of modern 20th-century architecture. The stunning building was designed by famed architect Louis Khan and is one of the largest legislative complexes in the world.
From there, we’ll then visit Lalbag, a 17th-century Mughal fort that stands along the Buriganga River and is said to be a monument to the unfulfilled dreams of a prince during that time. We’ll also see the nearby Khan Mohammad Mridha Mosque, which was built during the same period.
Next up, your Dhaka tour will lead you to Dhakeshwari Temple, said to be the most important place of worship for Hindus in Bangladesh. We’ll also check out the tradition of block printing at the market before heading to an evening theatre show at the national theatre.
This theatre is known for its cultural performances of epic Bengali love stories, and we’re going to take in a traditional stage performance that shows off Bangladesh’s culture and heritage. Most of the shows here are performed by professional drama troupes, so you’re sure to see an excellent performance!
And of course, because you can’t experience the City of Rickshaws without riding on three wheels, we’ll ride a rickshaw through the city streets, giving you a true taste of local life in Dhaka!
Inclusions for Dhaka Cultural Tour Including Traditional Theatre Performance
- Hotel drop-off
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Dhaka Cultural Tour Including Traditional Theatre Performance
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dhaka a conservative Muslim city; therefore, it’s recommended you dress modestly (no tank tops or short shorts). As this trip includes a visit to a mosque, men and women should both have a shirt with long sleeves.
This is a child-friendly tour. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour.
A maximum of 12 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.