Last year over 1,000,000 visitors hiked Diamond head making it Oahus 3rd largest visitor attraction. Diamond head State Monument is one of Hawaiis most recognized landmarks and for decades, visitors have hiked to the summit of Diamond head to enjoy the breathtaking views of Oahu. Diamond head state monument is maintained by Hawaiis State Parks and is a popular historic trail that offers a memorable Hawaiian adventure for the entire family.
The Diamond head hike takes about 2 hours; is considered a moderate 1.6 mile hike, with 327 concrete and metal stairs to conquer. Its not considered an easy hike, but it is extremely scenic and fun hike to the summit.
Diamond head crater is just minutes from Waikiki. Our incredible selfguided audio tour comes with a four color souvenir map guide and focuses on the history, legends, culture, geography, plant & animal life, music and scenery of the Diamond head state monument. Learn how the ancient Hawaiis considered Diamond Head a sacred location and how the US Military used Diamond Head for their first line of defense on protecting Oahu southern shores during World War II.
Retail price- $34.95
Your pay-$19.95, saves $15.00 each tour.
This deluxe package includes:
- The State of Hawaii- Diamond Head Hiking Narrated Tour
- An official State of Hawaii I Hiked Diamond Head certificate
- Official State of Hawaii Diamond Head Tote Bag
- An official I Hiked Diamond Head T-Shirt (Available in Small, Medium, Large and XL only)
- An official I Conquered Diamond Head Souvenir Tag
- A four color map and guide of the hike to the Diamond Head summit.
Diamond head crater is just minutes from Waikiki; please check in with your voucher at the Diamond Head Visitor Center. (Sorry, no phone check-ins)
Things to Know
- Diamond Head Visitor Center is 365 days a year from 7am to 3:30pm, last tour at 2 pm.
- Check in at the Diamond Head Visitor Center with your tour confirmation, the only location in Hawaii that offers the State of Hawaii exclusive Diamond Head logo merchandise.
- This is considered a moderate 1.6 mile hike be sure to dress casually; with comfortable shoes, shorts, hats and sun tan lotion.
- We do not recommend that you start your hike from Waikiki. Please take The Bus, taxi, a Diamond Head shuttle or a rental car to the Diamond Head crater.
- There are limited parking spaces within the Diamond Head crater; we recommend you come early from 7am -8am or from 11am on for the slow traffic periods.
- This Diamond Head Tour does not include the admission/parking fees to get into the Diamond Head crater. Walk in fee is just $1.00 per person and rental car parking is just $5.00.