Different Taste Of Hong Kong
OverviewDiscover the beauty of Hong Kong as our ancestors did exactly in 1900's. Take a ride of the acclaimed Star Ferry across Victoria Harbour from Tsim Sha Tsui, arrive in Central district of Hong Kong Island, which was named as Victoria City in history. Ride up the Central-Mid-Levels Escalate to century-old Pottinger Street. Take 10 minute double-decker DingDing tram going through the narrow street, watch a traditional "Petty Person Beating" (Da Siu Yan) ceremony, try a typical Hong Kong Style lunch, Ride a local Walla-walla sampan. All these local activities are escorted by a tour leader who understands local history and culture.
- Instant Confirmation
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Lunch included
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tour
Meet your tour guide and fellows at meeting point in the morning (9:15am), and start this 6-hour coach tour.
POTTINGER STREET: known as the Stone Slabs Street by the locals. The street was named after Henry Pottinger, the first Governor of Hong Kong in 1858. There are many small local shops placed aside the stone steps. It is also a place of selling nostalgia. Taiwan Director Ang Lee's award winning "Lust, Caution" was partly filmed at here)
MID-LEVEL ESCALATORS: serving as a method of transporting, it links Des Voeux Road in Central with Conduit Road in the Mid-levels. It cost HKD240 million to build. The entire system covers over 800 metres in distance and it is the longest outdoor covered escalator system in the world)
DING DING TRAM: these double-decker trams have been travelling through Hong Kongs busiest streets since 1904s and continue to be an affordable and leisure way to get around. Neighborhoods that might pass through on your journey include some of Hong Kong's most colorful suburbs, such as Western district, Wan Chai, Happy Valley, Causeway Bay and North Point.
ABERDEEN TYPHOON SHELTER: Aberdeen Island is a typhoon shelter. It still keeps the traditional fishing living culture. Visit Wah Fu Estate, the first public housing estate that was designed under the new town concept and it was the first batch of twin tower building in Hong Kong public housing system.
Special arrangements are provided for you to take a ride by Walla-walla,a kind of motorboat used to by the Local people for its very noisy engine.
Return coach transfer to the Kowloon Hotel.
Inclusions for Different Taste Of Hong Kong
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in the Kowloon Hotel (Address: 19-21 Nathan Road, Tsim sha tsui, Kowloon)
- 1-way Star Ferry ticket from Tsim Sha Tsui to Central
- Ding Ding double-decker tram ride
- Hong Kong-style lunch atlocal restaurant
- Sampan ride at Aberdeen
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- English speaking tour guide service
Exclusions for Different Taste Of Hong Kong
- Gratuities for guide and driver (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Must be on time at meeting point. If you are late, your tour guide will go with other passengers without you.
No refunds for no shows or late arrivals
A moderate amount of walking is involved, please wear comfortable shoes
This tour operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
You Might Also Like
- 6-Day Hong Kong, Guangzhou and Macau Tour
- Small Group Walking Tour: Local Life in Hong Kong's Back Streets
- Victoria Harbour Dinner Cruise and Light Show from Kowloon Including Hotel Pickup
- Full Day Lantau Island Small Group Tour in Hong Kong
- Walking and Shopping in the Mid-Levels and Central of Hong Kong
- National Day Fireworks Cruise in Victoria Harbour Hong Kong
- 4-Night Hong Kong and Guangzhou Tour
- Hong Kong Aberdeen and Harbour Night Tour