OverviewYou'll ride aboard one of 6 fully licensed comfortable ferries to scenic Dingle Bay to see Fungie the Famous Dolphin. Sit Back and soak in the magnificent scenery that Dingle Bay has to offer. Fungie is wild and free in this beautiful Bay. He will Delight both young and old with his antics, so don't forget your camera as there are endless photo opportunities. A guide on board will answer all your questions, and you will get a full refund if you do not see a dolphin, our 25-year business guarantee .
- Close encounter with friendly dolphins
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYou will find us in our orange signed offices, at the back of the failte Ireland tourist offices. Friendly staff will greet you and direct you straight to the walkway on the seafront where you will be then directed to your boat and off you go. There is a fully seated area to sit in either open or covered, whatever you prefer. Your captain will greet and welcome you and then your guide will fill you in on stories of Fungie the celebrity himself .
As you turn to go out of Dingle Harbour passing the fishing boats tied by the pier, you will start to see Dingle town from a different view, on the water. Look up to the Connor Pass away to the right, this is the highest drive-able pass in Ireland, that can only be driven by car.
As you make your way toward the entrance of the bay you'll see old famine relief tower on the hill called Eask and then a single torret called Husseys folly on your left. Always keep an eye out for Fungie as he comes to greet most of our ferries, being the ambassador for Dingle is a very important job - he often plays by the boat, left and right and making sure everyone gets a good view of him! Sometimes he likes to play games, namely Hide and seek, and he certainly has no patterns or routines. He is the boss.
Fungie will delight and thrill both young and old from 2 weeks to 100 and many celebrities have taken to our boats to see him. Pierce Brosnan, Saoirse Ronan, James Nesbitt, Tom cruise, Nicole Kidman, Cillian Murphy and Jean Kennedy Smith to name but a few.
Fungie is over 13 ft or 3.5 metres in Length and approx 250 kgs in weight. He is a male bottle nose dolphin who arrived in 1983 and decided Dingle is his home. He has always been free to leave with many other dolphins who have come to visit but he seems to prefer the human company instead, luckily for us. Fungie is sure to delight you and be a special memory of your holiday in Dingle Bay.
Inclusions for Dingle Dolphin Boat Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Sightseeing cruise
- Round-trip ferry
Exclusions for Dingle Dolphin Boat Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir Dolphin postcard /photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriate
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.