What to Expect -
No restroom facilities at the launch site (visitor center is the closest)
Just under two hours on the water for a leisurely paddle
Expect to get a little wet depends on you (or possibly your friends)
To see lots of wildlife and stretch those muscles a little
To learn some basics about paddling and more about local wildlife
To wear your life vest & whistle :)
Great guides who enjoy their work and keep you safe
Lots of outdoor fun and a desire to come back real soon
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Details :
Various Location on the Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge as well as in Cocoa/Merritt Island area.
OverviewIn the warm and dark lagoon waters lies a natural phenomenon of glowing blue waters alive with activity. The swirling of your hand, every paddle stroke, and the rolling wake off of your kayak all sparkle throughout the darkness. Not only do fish leave trails, dolphins look like torpedoes, and manatees a slow and graceful submarine. Many guests compare the experience to Pandora of Avatar. Some even recall the bioluminescence scene in Life of Pi as the gentle plankton leave a trickling glow when you hold it in your hands and let it trickle down your arm. Though some may jokingly blame this on NASA runoff, it is actually the biological response of microscopic algae called a dinoflagellate. The perfectly natural and harmless concentration of organisms produces light before your very eyes, often existing in millions per liter of water. Your tour will include a ton of information about these rare and exotic creatures with the most experienced guides in the area
- 2 hour kayak tour
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Know More about this tour
What to Expect -
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
What to bring:
Clothes you dont mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
Water Shoes sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
Bottled water, Snacks
Any special personal paddling gear if you like
You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.