Diocletian Palace Walking Tour And Optional Trip To Trogir - Split
OverviewExplore Diocletian Palace in Split on a walking tour, and see the highlights of the UNESCO-listed palace complex with an expert local guide. The 1.5-hour tour covers all the must-visit sites, such as the underground cellars, Peristyle Square, Cathedral of St Duje and the Temple of St Jupiter. If you have more time free and want to explore the surrounding area with a guide, then upgrade to add on a 2-hour trip to the nearby town of Trogir. Once there, explore the UNESCO-listed town with a guide, passing by St Lawrence Cathedral and admiring the towns wealth of Romanesque, Renaissance and Baroque architecture.
- Instant Confirmation
- Led by a local guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
Know More about this tourMeet your guide outside Diocletian Palace and then head inside to discover the delights of its incredible ruins. Now a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the palace was originally built as a lavish home for the Roman Emperor Diocletian, but became more like a city in its own right as more buildings were added to it throughout the ages.
Start with a tour of the cellars to explore its network of subterranean tunnels, and then head back above ground to visit Peristyle Square as your guide regales you with tales about flamboyant Emperor Diocletian. Walk around, soaking up the squares hustle and bustle, and admire the beautiful Cathedral of St Duje named after the citys patron saint. Visit the Temple of Jupiter, and then finish your morning tour at colorful Split Market, where your guide will give you tips for the best stalls to visit.
If you want to continue exploring the surrounding area with a guide, then upgrade to include a tour of Trogir, too. After a short break at the market, meet your guide and board your minibus for a scenic drive along the Dalmatian Coast to the coastal inlet of Trogir sandwiched between Croatias mainland and the island of Ciovo. Once surrounded by city walls, Trogirs historical center has been awarded UNESCO World Heritage status in recognition of its architecture that dates back to Hellenistic times.
On a leisurely paced walking tour, gaze in admiration at the towns pretty Romanesque churches, complemented by Venetian Renaissance and Baroque buildings. Hear tales of Trogirs many different rulers and see the imprint that they left around the town as you walk. Stop to look inside Trogirs masterpiece beautiful St Lawrence Cathedral and hear how it was designed by the famous Romanesque architect Radovan. Admire its architecture, pose for pictures and then return to your minibus for the journey back to Split, finishing your tour at the start point in the afternoon.
Inclusions for Diocletian Palace Walking Tour And Optional Trip To Trogir
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned minibus from Split to Trogir (if option is selected)
- Entrance fee to Cathedral of St Lawrence in Trogir (if option is selected)
Exclusions for Diocletian Palace Walking Tour And Optional Trip To Trogir
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.