Discover Alexandria: Day Tour From Cairo To Catacombs Of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum And Montaza Gardens With Lunch
OverviewEnjoy an exploration of Alexandria from Cairo in one day only. Your tour will include the most visited highlights of the city from all the ages and eras. Within your tour you will enjoy a lunch and return back to Cairo.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourYour tour start around 07:00 am (depends on the pick-up location) from Cairo, when you meet a professional English speaking representative who will escort you to your vehicle and introduce your Egyptologist to you. Then you will start your journey to Alexandria in your private air-conditioned vehicle with your private Egyptologist.
Once you arrive to Alexandria you will start with Pompey's Pillar, which is a Roman triumphal column in Alexandria, Egypt, and the largest of its type constructed outside the imperial capitals of Rome and Constantinople. Then you will continue to the catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa which are considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Middle Ages. After you visit the catacombs you will see the Quit Bay castle from outside and head to a local restaurant for lunch.
After you finish your lunch you will continue to the Alexandria National Museum. The museum includes works from the Hellenistic period, including pieces from Heraklion and Canopus. Objects include canopic jars, Mashrabiya, and pieces from the rule of Nectanebo II.
Your last stop will be in Montaza gardens; The extensive Montaza Palace gardens first had the Salamlek Palace, built in 1892 by Khedive Abbas II, the last Muhammad Ali Dynasty ruler to hold the Khedive title over the Khedivate of Egypt and Sudan. It was used as a hunting lodge and residence for his companion. The larger Al-Haramlik Palace and royal gardens were added to the Montaza Palace grounds, being built by King Fuad I in 1932, as a summer palace. It is in a mixture of Turkish and Florentine styles, with has two towers, one rising distinctively high above with elaborated Italian Renaissance design details. The palace has long open arcades facing the sea along each floor.
By the sunset your tour ends and you will head back to Cairo to dream of the lovely day you enjoyed the old city of Alexander the great.
Inclusions for Discover Alexandria: Day Tour From Cairo To Catacombs Of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum And Montaza Gardens With Lunch
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned private coach
Exclusions for Discover Alexandria: Day Tour From Cairo To Catacombs Of Kom El Shoqafa Pompeys Pillar National Museum And Montaza Gardens With Lunch
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.