Discover Luxor: Dendera Temple From Luxor
OverviewExplore the Denderah Temple complex on the west bank of the Nile. The half-day tour from Luxor includes the Hathor Temple to see the temple Zodiac, relief, and restored ceilings.
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel and go to visit the Temple of Hathor that follows the fairly typical plan of other temples from the Graeco-Roman Period. It is among the most extensive and best preserved of these remaining temples due to its late construction although there are texts which refer to earlier shrines on the site from the Old Kingdom onwards.
It is dedicated to the goddess Hathor and her mythology relating to her consort Horus of Edfu. The Greeks identified the Goddess Hathor as Aphrodite. The present temple building was began before the reign of Ptolemy VIII Euergetes II whose name is found in the crypts, continued through the Ptolemaic kings and was completed during Roman times. Denderah is also the only temple in Egypt where the roof is accessible.
Afterwards you will be taken back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Discover Luxor: Dendera Temple From Luxor
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned private coach
Exclusions for Discover Luxor: Dendera Temple From Luxor
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Overnight Tour to Abu Simbel from Luxor by Road
- Day Trip to Esna and el Kab from Luxor
- Private Tour: Dendara and Abydos Temples from Luxor
- Luxor Airport Private Transfer to Luxor Hotels
- Private Transport to the Temples of Dendera and Abydos from Luxor
- Private Transport from Luxor to Aswan
- Airport Pickup
- Luxor Airport Departure Transfer