Join this incredible 4-5-hour hunt for the Northern Lights in Rovaniemi area. A professional Northern Lights photographer will guide this small-group tour and teach you the basics of Northern Lights photography. The tour's approach gives you the best possible chance to find and photographÂ the Northern Lights during your stay here in Lapland, as your guides always choose the destination according to weather and Aurora forecasts. Small group sizes and photography as a core activity gives you the most exclusive and memorable way to experience the magnificent Northern Lights.
Know More about this tour
Experience the magic of Lapland as you embark on an unforgettable hunt for the amazing Northern Lights. The tour's focus is on the Rovaniemi area and you will travel by minivan. You start from Rovaniemi city center and begin with a meeting about our tour of the day. Your guide will give you a short briefing about current weather conditions, Aurora forecast and about the destination of the day.
Northern Lights are always unpredictable and there is no guarantee that you will find them every night. You can however be assured that this tour will give youÂ the best possible chanceÂ to find, experience and photograph these colourful wonders of the Arctic area. There will be a real-time information feed coming into the minivan. Based on the live feed, local weather and Aurora forecasts you can significantly improve your chances of finding Auroras. This means that if there's a clear sky and even a slight possibility to see aurora 100 km (62 miles) away, your guide will take the chance and drive you there.
During the night, we normally go to 2-3 different locations which are always chosen according to local weather and photographic opportunities. Altogether we have over 50 locations from which we can choose the best ones for the night! After reaching our destination we will leave the minivan and continue on foot equipped with headlamps. We will walk through snowfields and darkness to reach the perfect spot in the middle of the nature. On the spot, we prepare our cameras for Northern Lights photography. Professional photographer is always leading the group and helping you with the settings to capture the photo of a lifetime!
Inclusions for Discover Northern Lights: Photography Tour From Rovaniemi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off within a 10 km/6.2 miles range of Rovaniemi
- Private expedition guide
- Hot drinks and snacks
- Hunt for the Northern Lights
- Minivan transportation
- Headlamps, back bag, BBQ gear
- Warm clothing and winter boots
Exclusions for Discover Northern Lights: Photography Tour From Rovaniemi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Minimum age is 12 years
It's highly recommended that you bring your own DSLR camera on the tour
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.