OverviewTake the plunge into the underwater world of St Maarten on this scuba diving adventure for beginners -- a perfect introduction! Ease into the calm and clear waters of the Caribbean, and explore shallow dive sites with a trained PADI instructor. Choose from a morning or afternoon dive off the shore at Divi Little Bay or Simpson Bay, and discover reefs and wrecks teeming with marine life! This small-group tour is limited to 12 people, ensuring personalized attention from your expert diving guide.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourStart your introductory scuba diving adventure in St Maarten with an instructional briefing and video. Then, head off to a reef for your first dive, cruising aboard a well-equipped and shaded boat over the Caribbean. Your professional and well-trained diving crew will ensure your safety and comfort as you get acquainted with the calm underwater world in these spectacular bays.
Depart from Divi Little Bay in the morning or Simpson Bay Resort in the afternoon – depending on which time you select. Then ease into the warm and inviting turquoise water at your own pace while you get accustomed to this new and exciting experience. You’ll discover what it’s like to breathe underwater as your PADI certified instructor shows you how to use the complimentary scuba gear. As you explore the reefs and wrecks with your guide, keep an eye out for spectacular sightings of eels, sea turtles, stingrays and schools of tropical fish darting among the colorful corals and sea sponges.
If you choose the morning tour, depart at 10am from Divi Bay Resort. At this shallow wreck site off shore in Divi Little Bay, dive to a depth of 30 feet (9 meters). You’ll find a submarine that was deliberately sunk as well as a more recent helicopter. If you select the afternoon tour, depart from Simpson Bay Resort at 1pm and enjoy coastal sightseeing as you cruise to an offshore reef site.
Although this diving experience is not a scuba certification course, you can get credit toward PADI Scuba Diver or Open Water Diver certification if you choose to continue diving.
Please note: This tour is suitable for children aged 12 years and up. Medical forms must be completed and signed by a doctor before the day of your scuba tour to ensure fitness levels and health for the experience. The medical form will be made available by the supplier once the booking has been processed.
Inclusions for Discover Scuba In St Maarten
- Professional guide
- All necessary scuba gear
- Beverages (water, juice, soda)
Exclusions for Discover Scuba In St Maarten
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Marine park fee (approx. USD $5)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years
All participants must be strong swimmers
All participants MUST be in good health to participate
Please note: Medical forms must be completed and signed by a doctor before the day of your scuba tour to ensure fitness levels and health for the experience. Medical form will be made available by the supplier once the purchase has been made.
Diving within 24 hours of flying is not recommended. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.