Discover Sigiriya And Hiriwadunna Village (Private Day Trip From Colombo)
OverviewDuring this full day tour to Sigiriya, you will visit a renowned UNESCO World Heritage Site! Enter into a kingdom hailed as one of the greatest in Sri Lankas history. Start your journey at the Sigiriya Rock Fortress also known to be the worlds 8th wonder, and spend time exploring archaeological history. Later, visit Hiriwaduna Village and enjoy the traditional way of living in Sri Lanka and village culture.
Know More about this tour
you will be starting your tour at 0630 hrs from your hotel in Colombo, where you will be picked up by your chauffeur. Ensure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
The first stop on your itinerary will be the Sigiriya Rock Fortress which you will reach approximately 1030 hrs. (Travel Time 3 to 4 hrs)
Climb the 5th century AD rock fortress, Sigiriya, where the King Kasyapa ruled. Walk through the entrance framed by the paws of a lion that is quite appropriate for its name, ' the Lion Rock'. View the beautiful unfading murals that brought Sigiriya its fame. Climb the steep staircase to see the terraced gardens and still-working cisterns. Walk through the tunnels leading to the palace as you get a feel for times long past.
Thereafter proceed to Sigiriya at approximately 1330 hrs to experience a village tour. (Travel Time 20 to 30 mins)
The trek begins with an awesome walk along a bund of a Wewa or man-made reservoir. Thereafter you will enjoy a Bullock Cart Ride while enjoying sightseeing of the rural village life. Your next phase of adventure will be a Catamaran Safari at the scenic lake.
Finally, enjoy Traditional Lunch at a local house prepared by the village women This is arranged on a typical & traditional Buffet style (Clay pots buffet) served on a Lotus leaf and a cane thatched flat holder. You will also have the opportunity to witness the traditional meal preparation methods by the local women and to partake on the preparation of a curry.
Later that evening you will be finishing the tour at 1800 hrs and returning to your hotel in Colombo.(Travel timeapproximately 04 Hours) En-route you may stop at restaurant for the dinner (At your own cost).
After dinner you would transfer to the hotel in Colombo.
Inclusions for Discover Sigiriya And Hiriwadunna Village (Private Day Trip From Colombo)
- Private Air Conditioned Vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Fuel and Local assurance for the vehicle included.
- Entry fees for the Sigiriya Lion Rock.(if option selected)
- Village Tour with Traditional village lunch(if option selected)
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All parking and highway charge where applicable.
- The Chauffeur will look after his meals by himself.
- , *Please note that the "vehicle only" selection does not include entrance fees, Jeep rides (if applicable) and meals.
Exclusions for Discover Sigiriya And Hiriwadunna Village (Private Day Trip From Colombo)
- The personal spending (Tips, Laundry, Mini Bar, Telephone, Internet, Fax etc)
- Medical Expenses, Insurance, International Flights and Accommodation
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos
- Any other services not specified above
- Expenses of the excursions and sight seen not mentioned above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking, however, Infant meals not included
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
A significant amount of walking is involved
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
Not wheelchair accessible
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Visit Sigiriya and Jeep Safari at Minneriya National Park
- Explore Sri Lanka's Rich Cultural Heritage
- AirPort CMB to Colombo Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- 02 Days Private Dambulla & Habarana Tour With Village Experience From Colombo
- Colombo AirPort to Hotel Private Taxi 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- 2 Day Private Trip to Nuwara Eliya from Colombo
- Bentota to Colombo AirPort Taxi Private 247 Lowest Price Mini Bus, Car, Van
- Shooting mission in Negombo-Sri Lanka