- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 8 Hrs
Departure Time :
Pick ups take place between 7:40 and 9:10 am depending on your hotel Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Selected list of hotels in Malta
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
On this full-day tour, you'llbe picked up from your hotel and after a 20-minute ferry crossingarrive on the island of Gozo. While both Malta and Gozo aresimilar in history and development, Gozo has a character entirely of its own. Gozo, which has three hills, is greener and more picturesque than Malta. You will visit the National Shrine of the Blessed Virgin of Ta' Pinu, Dwejra Bay, a souvenir shop, Victoria and the Cittadella.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Then visit Victoria, the capital of Gozo. The name given in honor of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, Victoria is more commonly referred to as Rabat by locals. A historic fortified city, you'll find a citadel at it's center, an old prison, and the Courts of Justice. After this visit, stop for lunch in a restaurant in Rabat.
Finally, drive to Mgarr Port via Qala Belvedere to see some breathtaking scenery. Then make a short ferry crossing back to Malta and be dropped-off at your hotel.
Lunch - 3-course lunch
Live commentary on board
Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
Traveler ReviewsSee all reviews
Lots and lots of waiting around for pickups and just generally. The tour guide did a fantastic job herding cats, but this tour is a tedious waste of time and money. Catch the ferry over, hire a taxi and do it yourself - you will see more and be frustrated less. If hell is other people, this tour with pitch you right on in there.
I would strongly recommend not taking this tour for a number of reasons, the main being:
- the tour left out some critical sights on Gozo itself, importantly including the Ġgantija Temples critical for a proper trip to Gozo
- the tour guide gave little information about Gozo itself ouside of very superifical comments about the landscape - no information on the history of the island was provided, and he basically just listed the sights we were attending
- part of the tour includes a train ride around Gozo. This is one of those motor vehicle pulled trains which is a huge gimmick and is billed as the highlight of the tour
- lunch provided at the stop was relatively poor
- tour guide spent a disproportionate amount of time in a tourist shop, convincing the tour group to buy silver. Clearly there's a relationship between the tour operator and the shop owner, and this was a shameless plug.
All in all, avoid this tour if you can. I would recommend renting a car on Malta, buying a guidebook and taking the ferry yourself. It will be cheaper, more efficient and far more enjoyable.
There appeared to be a mix up with the numbers booked on this excursion and the guide was changed, we think due to language problems on another group. Our guide was very difficult to understand, thus most of the bus were talking all the time and if one did want to listen it was impossible to hear. It was a long day, lunch was very crowded and took too long. We would visit Gozo by ourselves in future.
Great day despite terrible weather and very choppy ferry trips
They need to give us a choice on where to eat lunch and lower the price they charge for the tour
The content of the trip is okay but the organisation left a bit to be desired. It didn't help that a number of people were constantly late getting back to the coach when moving on to the next destination. We were originally picked up at 8am but the tour did not start until nearly 10.30am. The time in between was spent picking people up from various hotels, changing coaches, etc. The actual ferry crossing was less than half an hour.
Well, an 8-hour tour turned into an 11-hour test of patience so there is that! Picked up about 45 minutes late, followed by waiting in the ferry line about 45 minutes where nobody explained the situation or made sure our unmarked group was in the correct place. Ferry ride was fine and we found our bus easily. Ironically, we THEN received stickers to wear to identify out group.
Anna was our guide and she was great but over time, even her patience wore thin. Sights were great but the lunch @2:30, late as well was wet cold meat, cold pasta, minimal salads fixings and bread that ran short. Free water and very bad red wine didn't make the food any better.
1. Phillips Church beautiful
2. Blue Grotto loved the boat trip 4 Euro each and trinkets to buy
3. Craft shop lovely information about local lace makers and prickly pear jam but prices were higher than street vendors.
4. Town square after lunch vs citadel option that required a hike good street vendors.
5. Train Ride very enjoyable but let it be known it is not a real train but rather a ride similar to those in zoos or parking shuttles in Disney world.
Reviews for this tour were great so perhaps we had a rare bad experience however I would question those who loved the food as it was not local or of any high quality!
Caves were really good. Meal was mediocre. Craft place was disappointing as just a local shop. Citadel and Victoria lovely but only had 55 mins there so not enough free time to enjoy it. Vincent our tour guide was very good. Just wish it hadn't felt so rushed. Bus was late in the morning.
I think my whole day was coloured by the fact that it said in the description up to 14 people and it was actually a coach of about 45. Therefore no personal touch and I felt cheated. It was in two languages so wasting time - often short stops. Our guide shouted into the mic. Island is amazing.