OverviewSee the most famous sights of Rome in half day. Discover brilliant attractions throughout the centuries and walk along picturesque squares and monuments. See the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, Palazo Farnese, and many more.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourIn a single morning you will move through several centuries and discover top attractions of Rome.
This itinerary begins at Campo dei Fiori, certainly one of the most characteristic squares in Rome with its open-air market and the statue of Giordano Bruno in the center. Next to Campo de’ Fiori we will admire the magical charm of Piazza Farnese, which takes its name from the imposing Palazzo Farnese.
A few steps from Palazzo Farnese stands Palazzo Spada. The building is worth a stop thanks to the brilliance of forced prospective introduced by the famous architect Borromini. The arcade courtyard is an optical illusion, in which diminishing rows of columns and a rising floor create the illusion of a gallery 37 meters long (it is 8 meters).
Proceed then to Piazza Navona, one of the most famous squares in the world. Its oblong shape once fit around the perimeter of an ancient stadium built by Domitian in 89 A.D. The symbol of the square is the 'Fountains of Four Rivers,' designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Borromini’s famed church S. Agnese in Agone is on one side of the piazza.
After a ten minute walk we reach Piazza della Rotonda housing the unmistakable structure of the Pantheon (inside visit). The Pantheon, a building of ancient Rome, has been well preserved and is a true masterpiece of architecture. Once inside, our expert guide will be glad to give a short explanation about the history and the architectural secrets of the building.
From Piazza della Rotonda it's not far to the next stop of Piazza Colonna, thus named after the 2nd-century marble column celebrating the victories of the Emperor Marcus Aurelius over the Germanic populations. At present the square is the center of Italian political life, which gravitates around Palazzo Chigi, the seat of the Prime Minister.
We then cross Via del Corso and in just 5 minutes we are at the Trevi Fountain, a true masterpiece and certainly the most famous and spectacular fountain in Rome. The last stop of our itinerary will be Piazza di Spagna to see the Spanish Steps. This stair case has always been the meeting place for travelers coming from all over the world. In the center of the square you will admire the Fontana della Barcaccia made by Pietro Bernini (father of the more famous Gian Lorenzo). This area is surely a paradise for the fashion-conscious shopper where you will find the most important and famous names of Italian style.
After the tour you can keep walking on your own along the nice shopping area of Via Condotti, or you can just have fun and relax in the numerous shops and cafes in the area.
Inclusions for Discovering Rome: 3-Hour 'Must See' Sights Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Hotel pick up (if option booked)
Exclusions for Discovering Rome: 3-Hour 'Must See' Sights Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please provide hotel address if pick up option is booked, or reach the meeting point at least 15 minutes prior to departure. Use our emergency telephone number in case of emergencies.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour