OverviewDiscover the story of Christopher Columbus and the New World with your family from the perspective of a child.Â Travel through time and learn what it was like 500 years ago to sail aboard a caravel to bring chocolate and spices back to Europe.You will begin your tour at the beautiful courtyard of the Maritime, have a look at Columbus statue, walk along the old harbor until Casa XifrÃ© and cross the Born district. You will finish the tour in Casa Gispert , one of the oldest former grocery stores in the city , where you can breathe the fragrance and the mystique of the past until today .
- Ideal choice for families
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small group ensures personal service
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourTogether with the kids you will find the answers of all these questions and the guide will explain to the children -of course appropriate for their age - what effect the discovery of America had on the Indians, what slavery means and how important it is to learn mutual respect and appreciation among people of different cultures.
You will touch and smell food use daily that came from America and Asia, such as spices and cocoa. Children will play the leading role on this adventure and take part in it at all times. They can use their imagination, mainly by stimulating their five senses, so they have the chance to wonder and fulfill their need to explore, perceive and understand the world.
You will visit Casa XifrÃ© and discover elements related to the sea, the exotic tropics, and the indian heritage in Barcelona. If possible you will finish the tour in Casa Gispert, one of the oldest colonial shops in the city, where you can still feel the smell and the mysticism of the past
Inclusions for Discovery Family Tour In Barcelona
- Walking tour
- Local guide
- All material used on the tour
- Little surprise for each child
Exclusions for Discovery Family Tour In Barcelona
- Entrance fees (not necessary on the normal tour route)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from meeting point
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Recommended for children aged 6 and older
Children under 6 must be accompanied by an adult
Children 6 and older can participate without being accompanied by an adult (surcharge 10,00 â¬)
Adults may not participate on this tour alone, as this is a tour for children and families
Please advise if your child has any food intolerance or allergies. During the tour the children can taste different spices and foods.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.