Discovery Of The Mont Saleve - The Balcony Of GenevaWrite a Review
- Full day hike on the Mont Salève to discover its fascinating history and stories.
- From downtown Geneva, we will take a public transport. Then we have two options : we hike to the top of the Mont Salève (it takes about 2 hours) or we can take the cable car (it takes about 3 minutes). Once on the top, we will walk on tracks to have different point of views of Geneva.
Know More about this tour
Discover the Mont Salève is a different way to get to know the city of Geneva. Indeed the history and developpment of Geneva is very much connected to this mountain.
First of all the view on the city is amazing, that is why the Mont Salève is also call the "Balcony of Geneva". The fact that this mountain is so close to the city makes it very accessible but paradoxically quite well-unknown from the inhabitant of Geneva. And yet there is a rich history and many fascinating stories about the Mont Salève. Depending on the season, we will also taste some local mountain cheese made with milk from native cows.
For your information : If you don't want to hike up to the summit (about 2 hours hike), there is a cable car which takes us to the top in 3 minutes. Note that it is closed during winter season.
Inclusions for Discovery Of The Mont Saleve - The Balcony Of Geneva
- Supervision of a professional hiking guide
- Tasting of local products
- Public transportation inside Geneva
Exclusions for Discovery Of The Mont Saleve - The Balcony Of Geneva
- If you prefer to take the cable car to get to the summit of the Mont Salève, there will be an extra EUR 10,80 per person.
- 15 EUROS - If you wish to take a coffee, tea or ice cream at the restaurant on the Mont Salève you will need some EUROS.
- At checkout we'll ask you to provide your hotel information. Once your booking is confirmed, we'll send you a confirmation voucher with full contact information (phone number, email address, etc.) for our local operator in case you need to update or change your hotel pick-up details.
- In case you have not booked your hotel, Don't Worry ! Once your hotel arrangements are finalized, you can contact our local operator directly with your hotel details.
- If you cancel 60 days or more before the start of the tour: No cancellation fee.
- If you cancel 59 to 30 days before the start of the tour: 20% cancellation fee.
- If you cancel less than 30 days before the start of the tour: 100% cancellation fee.