Doge's Palace Guided Tour - Venice
OverviewSkip the line at the Doges Palace and discover the centre of the political power of the Venice Republic, when it was at its golden age. You will admire masterpieces of famous artists, such as Titian, Veronese and Tintoretto, as well as richly decorated rooms, sumptuous sculptures and decorative elements on this one-hour tour. Led by a local professional guide, you will also cross the famous Bridge of Sighs and visit the terrible dungeons where the famous Giacomo Casanova was imprisoned. This tour will let you immerse in the fascinating history of Venice.
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Fully narrated tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourStart your tour inside Doge's Palace, enjoying skip-the-line access. Your guide will introduce you to the palace, making you feel as though you've stepped back into Venice's past.
The palace, built in Venetian Gothic style, was the dwelling of the Doge, the supreme authority of the Venice Republic. As you walk through one of the most important places in the city's history, learn about what the golden age of Venice was like. You'll visit the lavish Doge's Apartments with their decorated rooms, the spacious enclosed courtyards, and the palace dungeons. Your guide also shows you works by Titian, Veronese, and Tintoretto while you explore.
Admire the Opera Museum, with a sort of allegorical speech engraved on the stone, and visit the ancient entrance of the palace, the Giants' Staircase with the two statues of Mars and Neptune, the Lodge Atrium, the Golden Staircase with the marble statues of Atlas and Hercules, and the Institutional Chambers.
At the end of your tour, cross the Bridge of Sighs, which connects Doge's Palace to the prisons. The bridge was built in 1614, and its nickname refers sadly to the convicts who exhaled their last breath of freedom before reaching their place of imprisonment.
Inclusions for Doge's Palace Guided Tour
- Admission to the Doges Palace
Exclusions for Doge's Palace Guided Tour
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please arrive at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before tour departure time
At the tour departure point, you will meet a representative who will check your voucher and give you information to do the tour
No credit or refunds will be given in the case of a no-show (if you don't show up at the meeting point at the time indicated on your voucher)
This is a group tour, which means there might be other participants on the tour with you
Please note: Due to the particular morphological structure of Venice and the logistical problems resulting from it, it cannot be guaranteed that the whole tour is accessible to people with limited mobility. This means that those with walking difficulties and wheelchair users might not be able to access some parts of the itinerary
From November 1, 2015, to March 31, 2016, the tour is bilingual (explanations are provided in two languages if the audience is mixed). English: daily; Spanish: Wednesdays, Saturdays, Sundays; French: Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays; German: Mondays, Fridays
From April 1 to October 31, 2016: English: daily; Spanish: daily; French: daily; German: daily; Italian: Saturdays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.