Doi Inthanon National Park Tour - Chiang Mai
OverviewDoi Inthanon, 8,500 feet above sea level, is the highest summit in the country. Doi Inthanon is designated as a national park and is is a paradise for nature fanatics as it has over 400 species of birds, animals and flora & fauna. See the remains of Chao Inthawichayanon, the last independent ruler of Chiang Mai who died in 1897 after Lanna Kingdom was made a part of Siam. Enjoy exploring the Ang-Kha Nature Trail. Visit the Twin Pagodas built by the Thai Air force. Stop at Hmong tribal market. Enjoy local lunch, Visit Wachiratarn Waterfall
Know More about this tourSpend a day at Doi Inthanon National Park, the roof of Thailand. Visit the sacred and tranquil Wat Phra That Si Chom Thong, the beautiful Wachirathan Falls, enjoy jungle trekking at AangKa Michaels Trail and see the pagodas of Phra Mahathat Chedi Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Noppholbhumisiri.
Begin your day with ease as youre picked up from your hotel and driven to Inthanon National Park, located south of Chiang Mai. Pay a visit to Wat Phra That Si Chom Thong and discover holy relics and ancient Siamese treasures, such as the Shrine of Chao Inthawitchayanon.
Continue to Inthanon National Park, the roof of Thailand, with vistas of Doi Inthanon, the highest mountain in the country at 8,500 feet 2,560 m, and home to over 380 species of bird and tropical wildlife. Take a relaxing break at Wachirathan Falls before continuing to the breathtaking pagodas of Phra Mahathat Chedi Nophamethanidol and Phra Mahathat Noppholbhumisiri, built in honour of King Bhumibol and Queen Sirikit.
Take a stroll along the AangKa Trail Michaels Trail until you reach the summit of Inthanon, for amazing views of Thailand and a great phototaking opportunity. Stop at a local restaurant for a delicious lunch, before making your way back to Chiang Mai, reflecting on your momentous, exciting eventfilled day.
- 08h30 Lying south of Chiang Mai, the granite mass of Doi Inthanon, 8,500 feet above sea level, is the highest summit in the country. Doi Inthanon is the tail of Himalaya mountain range, designated as a national park, the moist natural environment is a paradise for birds as it has almost 400 species, animals, flowers and faunas.
- 10h30 After a final steep climb, the summit is surprisingly flat though misty, cool and breezy. Walk shortly to see a small Stupa contains the remains of Chao Inthawichayanon the last independent ruler of Chiang Mai who died in 1897 after Lanna Kingdom was combined to be a part of Siam. Enjoy exploring around AngKha Nature Trail at the highest peak viewing beautiful Fern Moss as well as White Red Rhododendrons bloom only during Jan Feb.
- 11h30 Visit the Twin Pagodas built by the Thai Air force in honor of their Majesties King and Queen for their 60th Birthday Anniversaries. A visitors center nearby contains tourist information both in Thai and English.
- 12h30 Stop on the way down to shop at Hmong Tribal Market who trade various kinds of vegetations, temperature fruits and flowers from their own farm.
- 13h00 Lunch will be served at the local restaurant.
- 14h00 Drive through Baan Khun Klaang, the biggest Hmong community of Doi Inthanon heading to the Royals Project initiated by his Majesty the King to stop the hill tribes from growing the Opium. Enjoy searching around taking some pictures of beautiful flower plantations and the organic farmland inside the Project.
- 14h45 Further down to Karen hill tribe village at Baan Sop Had.
- 15h30 Last stop at Wachiratarn Waterfall. Relax by fresh and clear fall for freshen up after a long day tour.
- 16h30 Transfer back to Chiang Mai.
- 18h00 Return to the hotel.
Roundtrip transfers on shared basis from centrally located hotels in Chiang Mai
Transfer vehicle will wait for a maximum of 10 minutes for passengers. Transfer once missed will not be provided again.
Please carry a copy of your booking voucher to be presented to the tour guidedriver on the day of the tour.
Usually the temperature at the mountain top is cool all year round or even cold during Winter season. Thus, we advise you t carry a jacket along with you.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Full-Day Doi Inthanon National Park Chiang Mai Including 2-Hour Trekking and Lunch
- ATV Jungle Adventure from Chiang Mai
- Private: Amazing Chiang Mai Local Tour Including Sticky Bao Tong Waterfalls and Karen Long Neck Village
- Private Half-Day Hmong Doi Pui Village and Doi Suthep from Chiang Mai
- Private Half-Day Chiang Mai Local Life Style Including Wiang Kum Kam
- Private Tour: Nature Trekking and Zip Lining from Chiang Mai Including Long Neck Tribe Village