OverviewEmbark on comfortable catamarans for a relaxing trip along Madeira's south coast. Get the chance to spot dolphins and whales and, occasionally, even turtles! If the winds are favorable you will travel under sail for an unforgettable experience! During the summer months stop for a swim in the crystal clear waters below Cabo Girão.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a professional photographer
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
Experience a 3-hour trip by catamaran along the south coast of Madeira Island. We depart from Funchal Marina, giving a quick briefing about the trip and safety matters on board. The crew then starts their search for dolphins and whales, and any other marine wildlife, using binoculars equipped with a compass, doing their best with their experienced eyes. During the summer months, there is the possibility to swim in the crystal clear waters below Cabo Girão if the conditions are good, one of the highest sea cliffs in the world at 580m (1903 ft) in altitude.
During the trip, our qualified crew will give you detailed information about the species of cetaceans you are seeing as well as other technical and historic information to ensure a complete and unique experience.
Since we are dealing with wildlife, there are times that you could end up the trip with no sightings. In the event of no sightings of cetaceans (dolphins or whales), you will be offered with a complimentary trip to go again on an alternative occasion (valid for 1 year since travel date).
Inclusions for Dolphin Spotting And Whale Watching From Funchal
- Professional photographer on board
- Friendly guide
- 3-hour dolphin spotting and whale watching tour
Exclusions for Dolphin Spotting And Whale Watching From Funchal
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
We always recommend to bring: Sunscreen and windbreaker. For the summer months you could add a towel and bathing suit.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
In the event you did not see any cetaceans, you will be offered the same trip again on an alternative occasion (valid for 1 year)
Swimming is subject to favorable weather and sea conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.