Dominican Republic Countryside Safari Tour From Punta Cana
OverviewGet to know the Dominican countryside aboard a safari-style vehicle on this guided day trip from Punta Cana. Up in the Anamuya mountains, visit an old sugar plantation to see different methods of harvesting sugar and watch a cigar-rolling demo by artisans who’ve been in the business for years. Visit and relax on a private beach club at the stunning Macao Beach. A horseback ride, mountaintop buffet lunch and a visit to a Dominican home to meet a local family are all part of this off-the-beaten-track tour.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free drinks included
- Ideal choice for families
- Led by a local guide
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourHop aboard an open-air safari-style truck from your Punta Cana or Bavaro hotel, and set out into the Anamuya mountains. During the rollicking ride, soak up the stunning seascapes and tropical countryside, dotted with pastel-colored cottages. As your knowledgeable guide provides engaging commentary, look out for horses, donkeys, hens and bulls grazing or resting in the shade.
Then, take to the lush agricultural landscapes by horseback, on an easygoing 25-minute ride through the sprawling grounds of a trapiche, or classic sugar plantation.
In addition to rum, the Dominican Republic is well-known for its cigars. At the trapiche, listen to generations-old master craftsmen explain how they harvest tobacco and roll them into sought-after cigars.
Break for lunch at a mountaintop restaurant pavilion, and dig into a delicious buffet with refreshing beer, smooth rum and non-alcoholic drinks to accompany your meal.
Then, visit a typical Dominican home to meet a local family and taste beloved treats such as just-plucked tropical fruits, freshly brewed organic coffee and pure cacao. Want something with more kick? Try a mamajuana, a Dominican drink of rum, red wine and honey.
Continue to Macao Beach where you will enjoy rest and relaxation at a private beach club. Take in the turquoise waters and white sand beach that will make you feel like you are in paradise.
Inclusions for Dominican Republic Countryside Safari Tour From Punta Cana
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
- Food and drink samples at a local home
Exclusions for Dominican Republic Countryside Safari Tour From Punta Cana
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.