Dorsoduro District Private Walking Tour - Venice
OverviewDorsoduro is one of the six districts of Venice, whose name translates as hard bridge from Italian, due to the area's relatively high terrain. It's a district of life and light, the Southwestern part of Venice, wedged between the Grand Canal and the Giudecca Canal. This tour is away from the busy city centre, but focused on the hidden alleys, canals, bridges and cultural venues, including Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute, Peggy Guggenheim Collection, Campo Santo Stefano.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your private guide will meet you in Campo Santo Stefano, one of the most characteristic of the city full of historical buildings , we will cross Ponte dellAccademia to go towards Galleria dellAccademia, which host a wonderful collection of Venetian paintings dated back from the 14th to the 18th centuries. Among the artists you can find Giorgio, Bellini, Tiziano, Carpaccio, Tintoretto, Tiepolo and Veronese.
Through Fondamenta le Zattere, where you'll see Chiesa dei Gesuati the biggest conventual complex of the XVIII century in Venice, built between 1726 and 1735 for the Dominicans, to replace the church alongside that had become too small for the faithful;you'll reach then Peggy Guggenheim Modern Art Collection, housed in her mansion complete with a sculpture garden and terrace facing the grand canal, a museum that holds some of the most important paintings by 20th century artists such as Picasso, Dal.
On your walk to the Baroque Church of Maria della Salute, you'll see Palazzo CaDario, known with its many sobriquets like "the killing palace," or "the house of no return,", is one of the most frightening places in Venice and home of the Dario family, a household of Venetian merchants. It kept wielding a deadly sword upon its owners, who died in the strangest circumstances.
Thelast site willbe Fondamenta degli Incurabili, and its interesting history of the Hospital, especially dedicated to shypilis, up to 1807. It's now the seat of theVenice Academy of Fine Arts.
If you like to enjoy an unique itinerary, all you need to do is book this special private tour!
Inclusions for Dorsoduro District Private Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Dorsoduro District Private Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Venice Private Departure Transfer by Water Taxi: Central Venice to Cruise Port
- Private Arrival Transfer from Marco Polo Airport to Venice
- Venetian Velvets Tour
- Venice Canal Cruise: Grand Canal and Secret Canals by Motorboat
- Venice City Sightseeing Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Skip the Line: Morning Venice Gondola Ride and Walking Tour with St Mark's Basilica