OverviewExperience the Alaskan wilderness from the treetops on a zipline adventure from Juneau. First, enjoy a short, high-speed boat ride across the Gastineau Channel to Douglas Island and an off-road trip through the rainforest; then soar through the air on 10 ziplines, admiring views of the dense forest canopy below. See natural and historical attractions like Bullion Creek and the old Treadwell Mine, and end with a rappel descent from the final platform.
Know More about this tourYour adventure begins at the Mt Roberts aerial tram station in downtown Juneau, where youll meet your guide and head to the high-speed boat that will take you across the Gastineau Channel, the narrow stretch of water that separates Juneau from Douglas Island, the site of your zipline tour.
During the ride, pass by Suicide Falls and Mayflower Island before arriving on a remote stretch of beach that provides direct access to the zipline base camp. Your experienced and well-trained guide will outfit you with state-of-the-art gear and go over all safety guidelines and instruction. Then hop in a 4x4 all-terrain vehicle for the drive up the rainforest-clad hillside to your first zipline platform.
Once your guide helps you hook your harness to the dual cable, push off from the platform on the first of 10 ziplines. Fly through the air and look down upon the dense, green canopy of old-growth spruce trees. Throughout the rest of the nearly 1-mile (1.6-km) zipline course, youll cross two suspension bridges and take in views of Bullion Creek and Juneau. Plus, see the ruins of the Treadwell Mine, considered one of the worlds largest gold mines in the late 1800s. Zoom over its 180-foot-deep (55-meter) hole where part of the ground once collapsed.
The last zipline takes you to a final platform from where you can rappel back to base camp for one last heart-pumping moment. Then enjoy a light snack and receive a medal in recognition of your feat.
Your tour ends with return to Juneau by boat.
Inclusions for Douglas Island Zipline Tour From Juneau
- All necessary equipment
- Local guide
Exclusions for Douglas Island Zipline Tour From Juneau
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drink, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for participants with back problems
Maximum weight is 250 pounds (113 kilos)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.