Douro Valley Wine Tour From Porto Including Lunch
OverviewSpend a day in Douro Valley, visiting two beautiful wineries to sample sparkling wine, Port, local wine and vinho verde a young or green wine. Called adegas, the Portuguese wine estates are as much of an attraction as the robust wine they produce steeped in history and surrounded by heart-stopping countryside. Soak up the scenery as well as the wine, and enjoy a traditional 3-course lunch, too.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave your central Porto hotel by luxury coach and travel inland to Douro Valley, roughly 1.5 hours away. The area is famous for its scenic landscapes, so sit back and admire the scenery, typified by remote mountains, emerald hills and UNESCO-listed hilltop villages.
Idyllic as it is, the regions main draw is its wine not the countryside, and, luckily for you, your first stop is one of the valleys prized adegas. Head inside Quinta do Seixo located in Cima-corgo, the heart of the Douro Valley and take a tour of its cellars. After seeing where the wines are produced, bottled and stored, sample some of the estates wares noting the different tones and aromas with your guide.
Move to Regua and visit a nearby local restaurant for lunch and enjoy traditional dishes that originated in Douro Valley. Savor a delicious 3-course meal, featuring fish or meat, with a glass of locally produced wine, and then hop back on board your coach.
Continue traveling deeper into Douro Valley to Quinta do Tedo an 18th-century adega surrounded by terraced vineyards stacked into the hillside. A small producer, the estate specializes in Port, the fortified wine for which Portugal is famous. Explore the cellars, sample a glass of their gutsy Port, and then shop for a bottle to take home, if you wish.
Relax on the journey back to central Porto, finishing your tour at your hotel in the early evening.
Inclusions for Douro Valley Wine Tour From Porto Including Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Lunch and glass of local wine
- 4 wine tastings (2 per estate)
Exclusions for Douro Valley Wine Tour From Porto Including Lunch
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.