Dover Shore Excursion: Post-Cruise Tour To London Via Canterbury And Leeds Castle
OverviewMake the most of your journey to London after your cruise ends at the port of Dover. This convenient post-cruise transfer to your central London or Heathrow hotel by executive coach is an ideal way to explore two of Englands must-see destinations. The trip includes a 2-hour stop in historic Canterbury and a 3-hour guided tour at the amazing Leeds Castle!
- Fully narrated tour
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAfter you are greeted upon arrival at the Dover cruise port by your friendly guide, relax aboard an executive coach. Youll drive above the famous White Cliffs and head into the county of Kent, an agricultural area that feeds London from its orchards, hop fields and vineyards. Enjoy the lovely views as you make the short, 45-minute journey to Canterbury, the seat of English Christianity since 597 AD.
See Canterbury with your guide, listening to stories about the history of the town and cathedral. Youll hear medieval tales from Canterbury writers, Geoffrey Chaucer and Christopher Marlowe, as well as stories of the Reformation and the Blitz. Then, enjoy some free time exploring the town on your own and visiting Canterbury Cathedral if you wish (own expense)
After two hours in Canterbury, travel over the Weald of Kent a high ridge and head down to Leeds Castle, famously referred to as 'the loveliest castle in the world. Founded in the 9th century, it is best known as a palace for numerous queens of England. Along the way, hear fascinating commentary from your guide about the monarchs and the fate that befell them!
Spend three hours at the beautiful castle, set on two islands on a lake, and explore its remarkable interior as well as the grounds and gardens with your guide. Admire rooms such as the library and banquet hall, and be amazed by the one-of-a-kind museum of ornate dog collars! Outdoors, walk through the complicated maze and enjoy the grotto and water features. If you wish, dine on a leisurely lunch in one of the cafs or restaurants overlooking the grounds (own expense).
Then, board the coach and travel about an hour to London, heading into the city via Greenwich and the River Thames. Your guide will point out the Royal Naval College, the Queen's House, the historic Cutty Sark a clipper ship and the Royal Observatory as you cross the dateline and move officially from east to west.
Finally, pass over Tower Bridge into central London before drop-off at your chosen hotel, or stay aboard the coach for drop-off at Heathrow hotels.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Dover Shore Excursion: Post-Cruise Tour To London Via Canterbury And Leeds Castle
- One-way transport by executive coach
- Entrance fees: Leeds Castle
- Port pickup and hotel drop-off at selected Heathrow Airport hotels and centrally located London hotels within zone 1
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Dover Shore Excursion: Post-Cruise Tour To London Via Canterbury And Leeds Castle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees: Canterbury Cathedral
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 12 hours of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Confirmation for this tour will be received at time of booking
If you are staying in a London Heathrow airport hotel, you will be dropped off at 6pm. For other London airport hotels you will be dropped at Victoria Station, where there are trains and buses to all four major airports
At 4:30pm the Central London districts will be reached where you may be dropped off at hotels close to the following stations: Kensington, Bayswater, Paddington, Marble Arch, Mayfair, West End, Victoria, County Hall, Bloomsbury, Tower of London/London Bridge, Liverpool Street, Waterloo, Kings Cross, Regents Park, Maida Vale, Sloane Square and Knightsbridge
Most major hotels have coach access, but some smaller hotels and apartments are in pedestrian areas or on very narrow roads that a large bus cannot access. In these cases, you will be dropped off as close to your accommodation as possible, but it may require a short walk with your luggage
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- London Airport Executive Private Departure Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Bath, Lacock and Stonehenge from London
- London Airport to Airport Private Transfer
- Small-Group Day Trip to Stonehenge, Glastonbury and Avebury from London
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- London to Stonehenge Independent Return Trip Including Entry
- Airport to Airport London Transfer
- Private Departure Transfer: Central London to Heathrow Airport