Downton Abbey Town And Country Tour From London
OverviewDay tour of filming locations from the hit TV show 'Downton Abbey' including Grantham House, Lord Gillingham’s townhouse, Downton village, Yew Tree Farm and more.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOn this day tour, you will explore some of the 'Downton Abbey' film locations featured in both London and the Oxfordshire countryside. Londons highlights include off-the-beaten track locations full of historical buildings and cobbled streets, as well as grand houses, clubs and restaurants with aristocratic and regal links. Leaving the hubbub of town, your afternoon will be spent visiting Downton Village, Yew Tree Farm and enjoying the picturesque Cotswold scenery and villages.
Travelling by mini coach, the tour will provide you with an insight into the making of the show and uncover stories behind some of the places that you will visit on the tour.
Starting in central London, your tour will take you to the Inns of Court which have been popular sites for filming. You will see the clinic Lady Edith visits when she discovers she is pregnant and the Russian Refugee church where Prince Kuragin is staying. You can follow in the footsteps of Mr Bricker and Cora when they go for a walk and spot the caf where Tom spies Lady Rose out with the Jazz singer, Jack Ross. Other London sites visited include exteriors of Lord Gillinghams townhouse, the Liverpool Grand Hotel and Grantham House. After you have explored London Town, it is time to head out to the countryside. The first location that you visit is about 70 miles out of town and (depending on traffic) the journey lasts between 1.5 to 2 hours.
Upon your arrival at the historic 10th century farmstead which featured as Yew Tree Farm in Series 4 and 5, you can enjoy a complimentary Cotswolds platter. Following lunch, you will have a guided tour of this location which featured as the home of Mr Drewe, the struggling tenant who agrees to secretly help raise Lady Ediths daughter.
From here, you will set off to the heart of rural Oxfordshire where several villages have been used in the world of Downton Abbey. You will see Kirbymoorside, where Annas bus splashes through the stream outside the pub where Bates worked when he left Downton Abbey. There will be a short stop at the church that Matthew and Edith visit in series 1 (episode 3) and youll pass the pub where Branson and Lady Sybil stay when they elope in series 2.
Most notably, you will visit Downton Village where you will get a guided tour of the village and see familiar sites such as exteriors of Downton hospital, the village pub, the former home of Matthew Crawley and the local church, amongst others. Following this guided, tour you will be able to explore the village for yourself. The tour ends in London.
Inclusions for Downton Abbey Town And Country Tour From London
- Professional guide
- Transport by mini coach
- Entry fees where applicable
Exclusions for Downton Abbey Town And Country Tour From London
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.