'Downton Abbey' TV Locations And Blenheim Palace Tour From London
OverviewLearn about the lives and love interests of the fictional Crawley family on a full-day 'Downton Abbey' filming location tour! Depart from London and travel to the county of Oxfordshire to explore villages such as Cogges, Bampton and Swinbrook where the British period TV drama has been filmed. In the afternoon, tour Blenheim Palace a UNESCO site not used in the series but magnificent nonetheless for an insight into the daily lives of upper-crust English aristocracy.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourLeave Londons Marble Arch by air-conditioned minivan, and travel west to the rolling limestone hills of Oxfordshire. On the journey, your guide will keep you entertained with tales and trivia about the Downton Abbey TV series that has a fan base spread all over the world.
Filmed mostly in and around Oxfordshire, the British period drama of Downton Abbey documents the dramas and scandals of the fictional Crawley family and their servants in the days leading up to and after World War I. Hear insider gossip about characters such as Lady Mary, and discover little-known facts about the shooting locations included on your tour. Stop at a farm nestled in the hills near Cogges and enjoy a hot drink (own expense) in the farms rustic cafe before you check out filming locations around the farm.
Continue to Bampton in the Cotswolds. The stone cottages and leafy, twisting streets in this quintessential English village might look familiar; scenes depicting the Downton village are often shot here and appear throughout the entire series. On a walking tour, see the village church the site of Lady Marys wedding to Matthew Crawley and the house that was once used as the Crawley family home. Stroll along the main street, spotting shops and the fictional Grantham Arms pub that appear in many episodes.
Travel onward to the historical village of Shilton to explore its center, including a quaint village pub that is surrounded by ponds, medieval bridges and wells. From Shilton, travel to a pub in Swinbrook for lunch (own expense) where Lady Sybil eloped with the family chauffeur Branson; enjoy a quick stop in the village of Bladon to see the graves of Sir Winston Churchill and his wife; and finish the tour at Blenheim Palace a UNESCO World Heritage site.
While not used as a Downton Abbey filming location, one can imagine the palace's stately grandeur that would impress the Crawley family. Take a walking tour that delves into the history of Winston Churchill's ancestral home, originally given to the first duke of Marlborough as a gift from the English Parliament. Wander through the State Apartments, and then explore a section of the beautiful landscaped gardens that feature the Temple of Diana. Finally, return to your minivan and travel back to London where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations And Blenheim Palace Tour From London
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for 'Downton Abbey' TV Locations And Blenheim Palace Tour From London
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit to Highclere Castle
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.