Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim Palace And Cotswolds Day Trip From London
OverviewUncover Englands stunning natural beauty and rich historical and cultural heritage on this day trip from London. With an expert guide, get up close to the grandeur of Blenheim Palace, a UNESCO-listed Baroque manor house where Sir Winston Churchill was born. Then, enjoy a panoramic tour of the beautiful Cotswolds, with stops at two of the regions most picture-perfect parishes. End your tour with a trip to Bampton, the quintessential village that featured as Downton village in hit TV show 'Downton Abbey.'
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourStart your day by making your own way to Victoria Coach Station to meet your guide. Settle into your seat aboard a luxury coach, then relax on the journey to Oxfordshire, a picturesque county roughly 1.5 hours away.
Make your first stop at the UNESCO-listed Blenheim Palace, the birthplace of Sir William Churchill. With your headset switched on to ensure you can hear your guides commentary clearly, set off on a tour of the lavish State Rooms. Delve into the history of the 18th-century manor house, and get up close to priceless works of art and tapestries. Then, enjoy a stroll through the landscaped gardens.
Next, hop back inside your coach and gaze out of the window as you journey through the Cotswolds, a region of outstanding natural beauty characterized by charming parishes and thatched villages. Stop in Bibury, and walk with your guide to Arlington Row, a set of pretty cottages that date back to the 14th century.
Continue on to the Little Venice of the Cotswolds, Bourton-on-the-Water. Have your camera ready as you wander down the high street, lined with shaded greens. Then, feel the tranquility wash over you as you head across arched stone bridges for views of River Windrush.
After, head to Bampton, a quintessentially English village that featured as Downton village in the hit TV show Downton Abbey. See the church where Lady Mary and Matthew Crawley married, and the house that was once the Crawley family home. Pass Downton hospital and take in other sites such as the fictional Grantham Arms pub.You'll also have the opportunity to stop in at a local restaurant or cafe for lunch (own expense).
When the time comes, return to your coach for the journey back to London, where your day trip concludes at Victoria Station.
Inclusions for Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim Palace And Cotswolds Day Trip From London
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Free WiFi on coach
- Admission to Blenheim Palace
- Headset, when needed
Exclusions for Downton Abbey Village, Blenheim Palace And Cotswolds Day Trip From London
- Optional gratuities
- Food and beverages
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please Note: this tour does not visit Highclere Castle
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.