Downtown Puerto Vallarta Food Tour
OverviewGet ready to become a local in 3 hours. Experience our 3.5-hour food tasting and walking tour offering a local’s insight into Mexican culture through its delicious and intricate cuisine, and rich history. Your local "foodie" guide takes you on a culinary adventure, navigating the cobblestone streets of historic Puerto Vallarta. Along the way you will delight in the best Puerto Vallarta has to offer, visiting 9 carefully selected food tasting locations.Explore off-the-beaten path eateries, meet their colorful owners and staff, visit taco stands and try regional delicacies. Leave filled with a deeper understanding of Puerto Vallarta and Mexico, a satisfied stomach and new insight to continue on your discovery of authentic Puerto Vallarta.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small-group tour
- Led by a local guide
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourYour local "foodie" guide will be waiting to welcome you on a exquisite culinary journey exploring Puerto Vallartas Downtown and Old Town neighborhoods. Get ready to sample mouth-watering food at family-owned restaurants and stands. Sip on refreshing local drinks, eat authentic dishes and even enjoy a fresh tortilla straight off of the conveyor belt.
Learn about food from the vibrant local people whose pride in their craft is only matched by the effusiveness of their spirit. On this tour, you will dive into incredible dishes, namely mole enchiladas, traditional ceviche tostadas, tortillas, fresh coconut, authentic tacos, traditional drinks, regional candies and more. All food tastings are included on this tour.
Here is a sampling of our family-owned tasting locations: Gabys Restaurant - Beautiful garden patio, perfect setting to compliment their delicious family recipe mole, El Guero - Local favorite leaves customers hankering for their fresh ceviche, Xocodivas chocolates - Indulge in fine handcrafted artisan chocolates, Robles Famous Birria Taco Stand - Simple yet elaborate regional delicacy, Cesar's Coconut Stand - Meet Cesar, a machete-wielding coconut expert, La Gloria Tortilla Factory - Puerto Vallartas oldest tortilla factory, La Azteca Candy Store - Vallarta's version of Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory offering fantastic regional candies, Tuba by Concepcion - Discover dapper Concepcions refreshingly delicious regional drink, tuba, Los Cuados - The citys oldest taco stands, manned by four generations. Serving up authentically delicious tacos de asada.
Vallarta Food Tours unique cultural and historical experience that will not just satisfy your stomach, but leave you wanting to learn more about Puerto Vallarta. Between trying out delicious bites and tastings, you will feast your eyes on the beauty of Vallarta, its architecture, topography and historical sights . Your passionate and informative guide will help you navigate through Puerto Vallarta and leave you feeling like a local. During your tour, you will see some great sights including beautiful Guadalupe Church, the charming center of Puerto Vallarta -the Town Plaza, Old Town, the Rio Cuale, famed Los Muertos Pier and the bustling Malecon, Vallartas landmark boardwalk.
This tour will truly gave you a taste of the Mexican food and culture in Puerto Vallarta. Provecho.
Inclusions for Downtown Puerto Vallarta Food Tour
- Bottled water
- 9 Food Tastings at Vallartas best restaurants and stands
- Local guide
Exclusions for Downtown Puerto Vallarta Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved please wear comfortable shoes
Please advise any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking by filling out the 'Special Requirements' box
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Signature Taco and Street Food Tour in Puerto Vallarta
- Private Tour: El Eden ATV Adventure from Puerto Vallarta
- Tacos After Dark: Evening Food Walking Tour in Puerto Vallarta
- Stand-Up Paddle Board Lesson in Puerto Vallarta
- Puerto Vallarta Shore Excursion: Banderas Bay Pirate Sailing Cruise
- Paint the Town Red Cabaret Show and Dinner