Drink With Bacchus: Ariccia And Nemi - Rome
OverviewGet ready for a journey of sightseeing and gastronomy into the rustic heart of Roman mythology on this fully private and exclusive day trip from Rome!
Know More about this tourOn arrival in Ariccia from your Rome hotel by private vehicle, enjoy absolutely spectacular views down towards the Tyrrhenian Sea and higher up towards the summit of mystical Monte Cavo. The green mountain hides several ancient Roman and pagan temples on it's wooded slopes. Your first stop on a historical viaduct has origins dating back to the 2nd. century BC and survived Allied bombings in Spring 1944. A short walk away brings you to Piazza di Corte andSanta Maria Assunta in Cielo by Gian Lorenzo Bernini. Ariccia boasts a rich and fascinating history, made famous in literature by Sir James George Frazer's magnus opus "The Golden Bough" and in Romantic period paintings. Renowned landscape artist Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corotpainted Ariccia as did many of his contemporaries. Goethe, too, passed through in 1787 en route to Naples and wrote about Ariccia with great zeal.
Here, in such beautiful surroundings, you will sit down and eat what makes Ariccia so popular with the locals and all Romans - porchetta d'Ariccia served with savoury cheese, casareccio bread, and a healthy dose of wine from vineyards located just a few metres away in Val d'Ariccia. It's a paradise of food! Walking back to Bernini's quaint piazza, your driver will carry you higher up to the mystical town and magical Lake of Nemi (Lago di Nemi).
In Nemi you will have ample time to wander through the village and take in spectacular views of the crater lake before a stop for coffee and sweets. In season (May - June), the little strawberries from the valley for which Nemi has become famous will be available everywhere! Strawberry pizza? Strawberry risotto? Strawberry liquer? Yes sure! Did thetears of Venus transform the blood of Adonis into beautiful strawberries? Who knows, but Nemi has been painted and written about in literature for centuries past.
Very soon after leaving the village your driver will stop by the ancient Temple of Diana Nemorensis. A somewhat obscure location but well worth seeing - there are statues dedicated to Diana the Huntress in many cities of the world and this is where it all began!
Your return ride to Rome through the Castelli Romani will be scenic, enjoy yet more great views!
Inclusions for Drink With Bacchus: Ariccia And Nemi
- Driver / guide for 5 hours
- Transport for 5hours by private Mercedes vehicle
- Private experience
Exclusions for Drink With Bacchus: Ariccia And Nemi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
Minimum drinking age is 21 years.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket