Dubai Street Food Tour
OverviewA delicious walk through the market alleys on the banks of Dubai Creek, the lifeline of this exciting city.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Dinner included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at 4:30pm at the main entrance of Dubai Museum, which is located in Al Fahidi Fort in Bur Dubai in the heart of old Dubai. Every taxi driver knows it and it is only 5 7 minutes walk from the nearest Metro station, Al Fahidi station.
You will be walked through the Indian market. India is the most important trading partner of the region. Long before oil, the pearls found on the sandbanks in the Persian Gulf were the most important source of income of the region and there was a high demand for those pearls in India. So already centuries ago, pearls were exported to India and many goods were imported from India, such as textiles, building materials, food and spices. Since then Indian cuisine has a strong influence in what people eat in Dubai. On our way through Souq Al Khabeer, today the textile market, we will have our first Indian snack.
We cross the Creek via Abra, a wooden water taxi and reach the spice market. We try some traditional ice cream, have a refreshing juice and sample some chocolate dates. All while the friendly merchants explain their spices that are mainly from Iran. Here you also have a good opportunity to buy authentic souvenirs and gifts that are not Made in China, such as camel milk soap, camel milk chocolate, Saffron, Vanilla from Madagasgar, Frankincense, Myrre etc.
The most famous Street Food however is Shawerma the Gulf regions answer to Burrito or wrap. Of course you get to try it.
The highlight of our tour is a visit to one of the oldest restaurants in town, where you get to try a secret Persian family recipe for mutton kebab, while marveling at the eccentric interior decoration of old newspaper clips of Dubai, hundreds of photos of famous and not so famous guests and a collection of around 5000 different bank notes from all over the world left behind by visitors.
Inclusions for Dubai Street Food Tour
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Dubai Street Food Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.