Dubrovnik City Walls Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover Dubrovniks crowning jewels its UNESCO-listed Old Town and city walls on this 3-hour walking tour, led by a knowledgeable guide. Begin with a guided stroll through the heart of the Old Town. Traverse the main promenade, taking in famous sights such as Sponza Palace, before veering off into the labyrinth of connecting streets, lined with quaint eateries, shops and a bevy of architectural delights. Then, head for the citys iconic walls and soak up gorgeous vistas of the Old Town and the Adriatic Sea as you wander its length with your guide.
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourOn the morning of your tour, make your own way to Pile Gate, the stately entrance to the UNESCO World Heritagelisted Dubrovnik Old Town. As you cross over the 16th-century drawbridge to meet your guide, gaze up at the statue of the citys patron saint and protector, St Blaise, set above the Renaissance arch.
Set off along the Stradun (or Placa), Dubrovniks beautiful pedestrian promenade, into the warren of history-steeped streets that make up the medieval core of the city. Gain insight into the walled citys history and culture from your guides commentary as you pass must-see sights like Sponza Palace, the 18th-century Baroque Cathedral of the Assumption and the Franciscan Monastery, which houses a restored sculpture: Michelangelos La Piet.
Continue to the citys monumental walls, which are also a UNESCO World Heritage site. Walk along the entire length of the famous fortifications with your guide, peering out over the sea and the patchwork of the Old Towns red-roofed houses. As you amble, hear how some parts of the wall date back to the 13th century and see, too, the Minceta Fortress, St John's Fortress and Bokar Fortress.
Your tour then concludes in the Old Town after roughly three hours.
Inclusions for Dubrovnik City Walls Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Entrance fee for city walls
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Dubrovnik City Walls Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Tour includes strenuous walking activities.
In Dubrovnik guests will have to walk approximately 1000 meters over cobblestone and flat terrain, and take up to 150 steps.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Driving Tour
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Walking Tour
- Dubrovnik Game of Thrones Complete Tour
- Game of Thrones Kings Landing filming locations with Lokrum Island visit
- Game of Thrones filming locations tour in Dubrovnik
- Game of Thrones Old Town Dubrovnik Walking Tour with Costumed Guide
- From Dubrovnik: All-Day Private Boat Tour
- From Dubrovnik: SUNSET Private Boat Tour