Dubrovnik Museums TourWrite a Review
OverviewNot only is the city of Dubrovnik like a museum in and of itself, it is also home to several museums that house materials that range from prehistoric artifacts to items from the recent Croatian War of Independence. Dubrovnik's museums, all conceptualized as specialized institutions, offer information on all segments of the city's public, private, trade, seafaring and every-day life.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourYou will meet your guide in the center and then you'll enjoy a guided tour of the splendor of Dubrovnik's UNESCO-protected Old City. As its name suggests, this popular tour focuses on the must-see museums of the Old Town, while your professional guide provides fascinating and entertaining details, background and anecdotes to help enhance your experience.
Stradun, Dubrovnik's main street, will lead you to the Franciscan Monastery, a perfect example of Dubrovnik's singular architecture. Built in the Romanesque-Gothic style, the Monastery is a true masterpiece, housing one of the oldest pharmacies in Europe and its own museum that displays priceless objects from Dubrovnik's historic and cultural past. You will also visit the Dominican Monastery, home to objects that hold a high level of significance in the order's local history.
The Town Hall and the Church of St. Blaise stand on one side of the Cathedral while the Rector's Palace, an outstanding monument of secular architecture, is on the other. The holdings of the museum hold distinctly cultural, historical and artistic value, with about ten thousand objects created between the late-15th and early-20th centuries, all divided into fifteen collections: paintings, printmaking, furniture, textiles, ceramics, metals, icons, glass, photographs and photographic materials, miscellany, documents, postcards, the writer Ivo Vojnović, old weaponry and numismatics.
Next, your guide will bring you to the Ethnographic Museum, a four-story structure built in 1590 with fifteen storage pits on the ground floor and spaces for drying on the upper floors. The museum is home to some 6,500 objects that showcase the ethnographic heritage of Dubrovnik, the Croatian people and the surrounding nations.
At the Maritime Museum you will discover two exhibits. The first floor offers an overview of the development of the city's maritime and shipbuilding trade, from the city's origins to the fall of the Dubrovnik Republic. The exhibits on the second floor highlight the 19th-century resurgence of maritime trade in Dubrovnik and on the Pelješac Peninsula, as well as the strength of Dubrovnik steamships through World War II and afterwards.
You will also visit the home museum of Marin Držić, the finest Croatian Renaissance playwright and prose author. An interesting visual presentation shares the life of this famous Croatian comedy writer.
During this Dubrovnik museum tour, you will inspect the history and the development of Dubrovnik from the 7th century until today with an expert guide at your disposal.
Inclusions for Dubrovnik Museums Tour
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
- Fascinating and entertaining details
Exclusions for Dubrovnik Museums Tour
- Entrance fees (prepare 140-180 kn for entrance fee, valid for seven days)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
You will visit at least five of six listed museums depending on their working hours
Tour requires a minimum of 2 full price adult bookings to operate. In the event of the tour being cancelled due to not meeting the minimum booking requirements, you will receive a full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.