Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
OverviewPaddle within striking distance of Dubrovniks towering city walls on a 2.5- to 3-hour kayak tour from the UNESCO-listed Pearl of the Adriatic. Learn about the area's history from a local guide as you kayak to the island of Lokrum, with time for snacks and a cool-down swim or snorkel at a secluded beach cave along the Dubrovnik coastline. Choose from three departure times during this leisurely paced experience, suitable for beginners. Book the evening tour and finish with an added treat a glass of wine as the sun sets.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourMake your own way to the beach near Pile Gate in UNESCO-listed Dubrovnik Old Town, and meet your guide for your 2.5- to 3-hour sea kayak tour. Put on your lifejacket, listen to a safety briefing and then paddle away from the cove in your provided kayak.
The route covers the narrow channel of the Adriatic Sea between Dubrovniks age-old city walls and the pretty island of Lokrum. Known for its tropical gardens and history, the island also has some local legends that hint at a mysterious, maybe dark, past. Listen to tales of Lokrum as you paddle, and gaze out at the impressive sights. The island's Benedictine monastery and a Napoleonic fort are just a couple of the landmarks you'll spot on your route.
Your guide stays close-by through the experience, allowing you to hear brief stories that cover a range of topics from scenery to the countrys history and the impact of the Croatian War of Independence. Besides the commentary, youll also get tips on how to improve your paddling technique so you can get the most out of your time on the water.
From Lokrum, paddle back toward the mainland and along the Dubrovnik coastline. Enjoy a 30-minute stop at a secluded beach cave along the way, and use the time to refuel with a snack, soak up the sun, shelter in the shade or snorkel in the sea. (Snorkel equipment and snacks are provided.)
Feeling refreshed, paddle your way back to the start point where your tour ends. If you have booked the sunset tour, then an added bonus is in store: finish with a chilled glass of wine on the beach and toast to your accomplishment.
Inclusions for Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
- Local guide
- Use of kayak, life jacket and snorkel equipment
- Bottled water
- Waterproof barrel for personal belongings
- Sandwiches (or fruit if dietary restrictions apply)
- Glass of wine (Sunset Tour only)
- Visit to the Betina cave/beach
Exclusions for Dubrovnik Sea Kayak Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Bring a bathing suit, towel, sunscreen, hat and sunglasses
An outdoor shower and changing booths are available on site
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Minimum age is 6 years old
Travelers under 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 18 years old to consume alcoholic drinks
Subject to favorable weather and/or sea conditions. Tour time and/or route may vary, if canceled due to poor weather and/or sea conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Dubrovnik, Orebic or Korcula Town Hotels to Dubrovnik Airport
- Taste of Dalmatia Day Trip from Dubrovnik
- Croatia Elafiti Islands Cruise from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik Shore Excursion: Old Town Walking Tour
- Shared Arrival Transfer: Dubrovnik Airport to Dubrovnik, Cavtat, Orebic and Korcula Town Hotels
- Private Departure Transfer: Dubrovnik, Orebic or Korcula Town Hotels to Dubrovnik Port
- Montenegro's Coast Day-Trip from Dubrovnik
- Dubrovnik: Private Speed Boat Boat tour to the Islands