Ducal VeniceWrite a Review
A combined tour that allows you to discover the most important historical places and buildings of Venice. This tour is guided and divided into two parts. From a centrally located meeting point you will be lead from a professional guide through the most characteristic places around the areas of Saint Mark's Square and Castello. After this walk of two hours, you will visit the interiors of the Doge's Palace, once the seat of the power of the Republic of Venice. The guided walk inside this building lasts one hour.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
Know More about this tour
A local guide will meet you under the clock tower of Saint Mark's Square and walk you through the narrow ways leading to Saint Maria Formosa Square and then to Saints Giovanni and Paolo Square. Here you will have the chance to admire the famous church, where several Doges have been buried and to see the equestrian monument of Bartolomeo Colleoni, an Italian mercenary Captain.
You will go then towards the house of the very famous merchant Marco Polo, one of the first Europeans who travelled through Asia and explored China as an ambassador of the Chinese emperor. Finally you will pass in front of the Malibran Theatre, that has hosted the works of musicians such as Georg Friedrich Haendel and Alessandro Scarlatti, as well as the comedies of Carlo Goldoni.
After returning in Saint Mark's Square, you will enter into the magnificent Doge's Palace, passing the halls of power and immerse yourself in medieval Europe among the stuccoed halls and hundreds of masterpieces. Passing in front of paintings realised by some of the most important artists of the Italian Renaissance, among them the world's largest oil painting, you will then visit the prisons.
Inclusions for Ducal Venice
- Guided walking tour of Saint Mark's and Castello's areas and the Doge's Palace
- Entrance fees of the entrance in the Doge's Palace
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Skip-the-Line entrance to the Doge's Palace
Exclusions for Ducal Venice
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Visit of the Hidden Itineraries in the Doge's Palace
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involve
Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked tour start time.
Backpacks are not allowed inside the Doge's Palace.
This activity operates rain or shine.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.