Dujiangyan Panda Base Volunteer Tour - Chengdu
OverviewDujiangyan Panda Base is the most easily accessible base in China to join the Panda Keeper Program. By taking part in the volunteer program, you will come close to the giant pandas, feed a panda with your own hands, clean the enclosure for pandas, learn more about this endangered species and help to take care of them.
Know More about this tourAt 8:00 am, the guide will meet you from your Chengdu downtown hotel lobby, board a comfortable vehicle and drive approx. 1.5 hours to the Dujiangyan Panda Base.
Dujiangyan Panda Base is the most easily accessible base in China to join the Panda Keeper Program. Here you will volunteer for a memorable day with Giant Pandas. The volunteers work is mainly about two aspects, sweeping and feeding. Upon arrival, you will change into special uniforms and receive a short training in how to deal with the pandas. You first chore is cleaning the panda enclosures and taking notes for record. After that, it is time to wash and carry fresh bamboo, prepare food like fruit, carrots and panda cakes, and distribute the food to the pandas.
After the morning session, you will have a lunch at the centers cafeteria. Then spend around 1 hour to stroll around the center and watch panda documentary. In the afternoon, you will help to cleaning the indoor and outdoor enclosures and making panda food. You can take pictures of Giant Pandas and learn about each lovely panda.
To conclude the once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will a volunteer certificate of contributing to a great cause, then have comfortable transfer back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Dujiangyan Panda Base Volunteer Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private vehicle with driver
- English-speaking guide
- Volunteering fee
- Entrance fee
- Local lunch
- Bottled water
- Fuel surcharge and tax
Exclusions for Dujiangyan Panda Base Volunteer Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please book 5 days in advance to check the availability
Health certificate and passport copy are required for all passengers
The age restriction of volunteer is between 12 to 65 years old
Panda Volunteering Fee of CNY700 per person is included
Volunteer program is subject to change due to force majeure
Volunteer Program might be modified based on the health of pandas
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Volunteer Day at Dujiangyan Panda Base
- Exclusive Panda & Kungfu Day Tour
- 2-Day Panda Base & Leshan Giant Buddha & Jiayang Train & Ancient Town
- 2-Day Private Tour Leshan Giant Buddha and Mount Emeishan
- Professional English Speaking Guide in Chengdu
- Exclusive Private Southwestern tour -Panda, Hotpot, Giant Buddha, Learn cooking
- Find out the green tea secret
- 5 Days Private Tour including Chengdu Pandas-Jiuzhaigou Scenic Spot and Huanglong Scenic and Historic Area-No Shopping Stops